Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Dolphingirl240: Really Fun Cruise

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Really Fun Cruise

Sail Date: December 2013

My husband and I just got off the Allure of the Seas on Sunday. We had a great time trying out all of the activities (zip line, ice skating, etc.). Let me start off by talking about our stateroom 14154. It was an outside balcony but yet it was tiny. For such a massive ship to have such a small room was disappointing. The food was very good but they really need some more vegetarian options. We ate at the Windjammer buffet a few times and it was nothing to write home about. But we LOVED eating at the Park Cafe. They have salads made to order, sandwiches, soups and cups of fruit and some cakes or cookies. This place was one of my favorite places to eat on the ship. The main dining room was good but I was disappointed that we were in one of the wings of the dining room off to the side. We were not able to see the entertainment that was going on in the main part of the dining room. Our server Sherryann was so nice.

There were some problems on this trip. The Azipod problem caused More us to be late into Nassau and then a lifeboat malfunction caused us to be really late into St. Thomas. By the time we got off the ship in St. Thomas we only had maybe 2 hours to walk around. Most of the excursions had to be cancelled. I really though that Captain Johnny handled the situation really well though as he was honest about what happened and kept us up to date on what was going on and then gave us a credit on our account without having to ask. We took a tour in St. Martain and really enjoyed it. It was a tour of the Dutch and French side. It was really a nice tour and not too expensive ($25 pp).

The shows were out of this world. Each one was better than the next. The one show I didn't care for was the comedy show. I felt that the two comedians were over the top offensive and insulting. Humor can be funny without swearing and being offensive.

Our cruise director Ken Rush was good but he only seemed to come out to the big shows and events and then he went into hiding. We've had other cruise directors who were more visible around the ship saying hi to guests. We saw Captain Johnny more than we did Ken Rush. Captain Johnny was so funny. One day we were in the pool and he rode by on his motor bike. How many captains do that?

All in all it was a great cruise but I really hate the nickle and dimeing. Once I pay for a cruise everything should be included. You shouldn't have to pay extra for specialty restaurants, or for cupcakes or backstage tours of the ship (those use to be free). It really takes away from the experience. I'm still loyal to Royal but I wasn't Wow'd. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>