Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by NCRay: Celebrity Reflection Post Thanksgiving 2013 Sailing

NCRay
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Celebrity Reflection Post Thanksgiving 2013 Sailing

Sail Date: November 2013

Overall Celebrity does an outstanding job with customer service. This Ship was consistently in fine shape. My experience is of a single traveler in Aqua Class. Having booked with the included drink package promotion and first time as a Captains Club Elite.

At a high level opinion the Sailing was amazing. The hotel operations, the ships logistics was outstanding. This big disconnect was food/ beverage service. Based on comments from friends with whom I sailed, this was a common opinion. Specifically Bar service and staffing levels in Blu.

The ONLY issue was the lack of staffing with the bar and food service. the pool bars were painfully staffed with only one and (at best) two. Typically there were no bar back personnel so a wait of 15-20 minutes for drinks was typical on all days. Same issue at night at the popular martini bar. My group also did not see the familiar wait staff roaming the pool areas taking drink orders. We also participated in an afternoon group More function of 200 people and the bar was staffed with only two bartenders. Our time was divided with participating in the activities of the function and waiting in line (again) for 10-15 minutes. with a line of 10 or so behind me. At my turn to order - the bartender announced -- "sorry - we are closed now". when I pushed back - she stated.. "ok.. i'll pour this glass 'this time' as a favor". Yes she said that.

Blu was equally chaotic. After the 2nd night, of less than stellar service. I connected with friends and had remaining meals in the MDR. Which by the way was BEYOND stellar Service. - I told those folks they need to be up in BLU to show them how to service customers.

I suppose that If i had not said 3 times previous times in Aqua and enjoyed Blu's amazing service and cuisine, I was aware of the gaps in my experience this sailing. I think it had to have been a lack of training in Blu. The two nights I dined in there, they were maybe half full. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>