Star Princess Cruise Review by zeeru23

Member Name: zeeru23
Cruise Date: October 2013
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
Great cruise but........................................

This was our 25th cruise - 8th with Princess. This was our first time taking a cruise longer than 7 days.

We have been on this and the sister ship many times so we felt like this was our 'second home'. The cruise was great, people were nice, service was excellent, room was great but the food was so-so.

This was our first time to Hawaii and was looking forward to seeing all of the islands on this cruise.

The only complaints that I have are the same complaints that I always have with Princess. The entertainment is terrible, in room TV movies - they show the same (horrible/old) ones over and over again. This may not matter to a lot of people but it does to us. We frequently enjoy 'hanging out' in our (balcony) room and watching TV. I am so sick of watching The Love Boat re runs for 16 days. We don't enjoy a lot of the on board activities i.e. bingo, crocheting, napkin folding, etc. We are a 'young' fifties couple and felt as if we were the youngest ones on the whole cruise. This was very painful for us (the boredom) because this cruise had 5 sea days going and 6 sea days coming home. We only went to 1 show. The entertainer was billed as "Mr. Las Vegas - Entertainer of the Year" We live in Las Vegas and wanted to see this show. First of all we have never heard of this person, he was terrible and we walked out in the middle of it. We never went back to a show after that. We loved the movies that they showed either in the theater or on deck at night.

Food - I hated - didn't gain a single pound the whole cruise - which was great.

My husband said that 'the food was fabulous' He loves fish - I don't eat fish.

We love princess - but I think I might start booking more on Royal Caribbean - love the food and love the ship layouts. Hope this was helpful.

Publication Date: 12/26/13