Diamond Princess Cruise Review by sleo: Great ports ship and crew were the worst

sleo
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Diamond Princess Asia Cruises

Great ports ship and crew were the worst

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Beijing

The ship needed to be totally and completely renovated. It was old, the furniture was chipped, carpet was worn out and it smelled old. The crew on the ship were definitely not interested in being there. The service and the restaurants was horrible maître d''s were just dropping plates on the table, walking away. When I got into my room the sheets on my bed were dirty from the people who stayed there before. When I asked to have them changed they did only to find hair and dirt on the sheets. After a few ports and about 10 days we realize that they had never changed the sheets on our bed since that day we complained about them. When going to the ship's desk to complain about the lack of service in our cabins (they would have a talk with our cabin steward)as well as absolutely no activities by the pool we were told that the weather was not good and they could not offer activities. Keep in mind that we were close to the equator and every day was about 95 Fahrenheit plus with More humidity that was about 90%.

We have taken many cruises and been to many places in the world and have red many cruise critic reviews as we did prior to taking this cruise. Our thoughts were it's hard to please everybody and maybe just most the people writing these reviews are too picky. Well that's just not the case from 01 to 10 (10 being the best )I would score the ship and its crew no more than two or three only because they were actually standing on the ship, food I would score a four destinations I would score a nine or 10. They do not give you very much time at any of these sports and feel a much better cruise with the 1 1/2 days in each port. Less

Read more Diamond Princess cruise reviews >>