Amsterdam Cruise Review by CruisinTexans: Great Cruise

Great Cruise

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

Booked the Amsterdam for my husband's birthday, because we have spent quite a bit of time on her and know a lot of the crew and officers. We were a little nervous, because we haven't done anything but "Grand Voyages" on Holland since 2004, and we know they put on extra hand-picked crew and bump up the menus for these.

Our fears were unfounded. The service and food were just as good as on the grand cruises. We were in an outside cabin and our cabin stewards were excellent. Love the outside cabins, because they have one more closet than the balcony cabins. We had a lot of luggage because we were staying on for 32 more days of the Grand Asia/Pacific. Everything was in working order in our cabin. Plenty of room for luggage under the bed. The only thing I miss that you have in a balcony is the little refrigerator. I think you can get one, but it has to go in the knee-hole under the desk.

Our waiters were some of the best we've ever had. The food was outstanding. I had the More best pork chop I have ever eaten, very tender and flavorful. We had snails, which I love, on a formal night. Lobster, prime rib and beef tenderloin were also featured during the cruise.

This was our third time to Alaska, so we didn't get off at every port, but we had a couple of friends with us who had never been and they enjoyed the ports. Less

Read more Amsterdam cruise reviews >>