Crown Princess Cruise Review by UNSAFE and Disappointing

Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

UNSAFE and Disappointing

Sail Date: December 2013

I am disappointed in Princess Cruises. I sailed previously and had a wonderful experience only to return to poor service and uncomfortable conditions. Our cabin air conditioning was not working properly, three visits from a technician with no resolution. The dining staff was ok, some were excellent and some were poor. This is a reflection of their leadership not demanding better standards and allowing poor service to prevail. The customer service staff, while feigning genuine concern only copied down notes to pass them along to a nebulous black hole with no serious resolution. We did have a very poor experience at the Sabatini dining room, the management did cover our meal relieving us of the charge, but why did we have to suffer poor service in the first place?

To top it all off, the staff was unable to process our airline reservations and bag check as promised. I had to call the front desk at 11:30pm to follow up at which time the staff finally realized it had to change our More disembarkation group. Exasperating!!

The icing on the cake, the cruise staff had my party pulled by U.S. Customs for a hand search of our luggage.

The message: if you complain the cruise line will sick the U.S. Government on you to make you pay. A company that would go to such reprehensible lengths is not only is disappointing, but not safe.

I recommend you cruise with another cruise line before subjecting yourself to the vindication of the cruise staff of Princess Cruises. The company is willing to put your through a search with a government agency as payback for criticism of its services.

Published 12/25/13

Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X