Marco Polo Cruise Review by Freeway123

Member Name: Freeway123
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: other
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
See More About: Marco Polo Cruise Reviews | Cruise to Nowhere Cruise Reviews | Cruise & Maritime Voyages Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Marco Polo Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Marco Polo Deck Plans
Dinner and overnight at Tilbury 14/12/2013

I booked this as a birthday present for my partner for his 60th when the Ship was docked at Tilbury and what a terrible experience it was!! Some people likened it to Butlins. Having been to Butlins several times over the years much prefer Butlins. On a positive note the evening meal was excellent but there is nothing else positive about our stay and I feel sorry for those people venturing on a cruise on this "Ferry". Below is a list of issues I found with this stay:

1. No water nor tea making facilities in the room

2. There was a 6.15 sitting for dinner for those not staying overnight. Our sitting at 8.15 was 25 mins late and we had to queue in a tiny corridor until they were ready.

3. When we left the dining room there were no seats in the caberet nor in the bar area for dancing as these were all taken up by the earlier sitting. Certainly could not get on the dance floor.

4. There was a caberet for the later diners but this was very amateurish so did not stay.

4. We could not get a drink at the bar. Only waiter/waitress service and one barman at each bar - hence a long delay.

5. Big queues as the toilets were limited and having to take over the mens.

6. Breakfast. Well the lack of it. We arrived in the dining room for 8:00 - as we did not have to disembark until 9.30. We were faced with a queue travelling all around the room so decided to wait until it had gone down. BIG MISTAKE. By the time we arrived at the buffet it had all gone. No eggs, no bacon, no beans. We asked for scrambled to be made up and this was eventually poured in to serving platter.

This experience does not give me any incentive to take a cruise on the Marco Polo. I could not imagine spending more than one day on it as this was enough to put me off!!!!

Publication Date: 12/25/13