Dinner and overnight at Tilbury 14/12/2013: Marco Polo Cruise Review by Freeway123
Overall Member Rating
Dinner and overnight at Tilbury 14/12/2013
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
1. No water nor tea making facilities in the room
2. There was a 6.15 sitting for dinner for those not staying overnight. Our sitting at 8.15 was 25 mins late and we had to queue in a tiny corridor until they were ready.
3. When we left the dining room there were no seats in the caberet nor in the bar area for dancing as these were all taken up by the earlier sitting. Certainly could not get on the dance floor.
4. There was a caberet for the later diners but this was very amateurish so More did not stay.
4. We could not get a drink at the bar. Only waiter/waitress service and one barman at each bar - hence a long delay.
5. Big queues as the toilets were limited and having to take over the mens.
6. Breakfast. Well the lack of it. We arrived in the dining room for 8:00 - as we did not have to disembark until 9.30. We were faced with a queue travelling all around the room so decided to wait until it had gone down. BIG MISTAKE. By the time we arrived at the buffet it had all gone. No eggs, no bacon, no beans. We asked for scrambled to be made up and this was eventually poured in to serving platter.
This experience does not give me any incentive to take a cruise on the Marco Polo. I could not imagine spending more than one day on it as this was enough to put me off!!!! Less
One giant 3-day floating party...
Get what you pay for and more!...
Amazon and Caribbean
Amazon, the West Indies and th...
Wee boat with crew of big smil...