Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by weinst: Trip on Eclipse to Eastern Mediterranean

weinst
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Trip on Eclipse to Eastern Mediterranean

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

For the second time, my husband and I cruised with Celebrity Cruises. This time to Eastern Mediterranean on the Eclipse. Having boarded at Southampton we found the Eclipse exactly as we expected. Luxurious, spacious, our room with balcony was superb and I cannot fault this ship in any way.

Some things had changed, the Masters Cellars which is still advertised in the brochures, is no longer the same Masters Cellars as we experienced previously. As this feature had changed, our evenings going to buy glasses of wine, was not to be. Instead they have turned this room into buying bottles of wine instead.

Not something I was keen in doing. I would rather prefer to taste different wines and then have the glass filled half way or to the top. You had the choice. Not any more.

The restaurants are great. Each one has a different cuisine and the meals are delicious.

Special occasions are lovely to have on-board. You are certainly made a fuss of if you are More celebrating an anniversary/birthday etc.

Entertainment, while I found the entertainment very good indeed, this voyage I experienced more comedians that necessary. More variety music type shows would have been better. Otherwise the whole evenings entertainment was great. The talent of the entertainers are outstanding. Especially the musical shows that were performed.

Each port was well organised. The embarking at the ports we visited was very efficient and the tender boats were great. The crew got us off the boat and back on again, with no problems.

Transport was always there to meet the boat at each port. Also, private tours went off very well as well as Cruise Tours.

All in all, sailing with Celebrity Cruises for my husband and I has been a wonderful experience and we would very much recommend this cruise company to anyone who wants to go on holiday and have a wonderful time and we also want to say value for money. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Ape's Den

The Apes came to greet us and they were fascinating. Going by taxi was great. You could get straight up to the top where the Ape's den is situated.

Fortress Gibraltar

The Fortress Gibraltar was worth seeing. Very interesting.

Great Siege Tunnels

Excellent. Well worth a visit. Plenty to see.

Rock of Gibraltar

We had a great time. The sight from the top of the hill was just wonderful. The airport with a road running through the middle of the airstrip was something you do not see anywhere else in the world.

St. Michael's Cave

St Michael's Cave was very interesting and has lots of history attached to it.

World War II Tunnels

Inside the tunnel we were able to walk quite a way and found this very interesting and there was information placed around the tunnels explaining the history.

We had a

Area Tour

We went by private excursion and there were 8 passengers. We left the port and drove through Villefranche to Cannes. On the way we stopped at several places of interest. We arrived in Cannes and had time to have a snack and walk on the beach.
We saw the Cannes Film Festival Hall, but was unable to go inside as they were doing renovations to it.

St. Paul de Vence

Our driver was fantastic and we visited St Paul de Vence and then we passed through other places of interest. The driver was very obliging and nothing was too much trouble for him when it came to ask if we could go to a particular place of interest.