Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by weinst

Member Name: weinst
Cruise Date: September 2013
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
See More About: Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Trip on Eclipse to Eastern Mediterranean

For the second time, my husband and I cruised with Celebrity Cruises. This time to Eastern Mediterranean on the Eclipse. Having boarded at Southampton we found the Eclipse exactly as we expected. Luxurious, spacious, our room with balcony was superb and I cannot fault this ship in any way.

Some things had changed, the Masters Cellars which is still advertised in the brochures, is no longer the same Masters Cellars as we experienced previously. As this feature had changed, our evenings going to buy glasses of wine, was not to be. Instead they have turned this room into buying bottles of wine instead.

Not something I was keen in doing. I would rather prefer to taste different wines and then have the glass filled half way or to the top. You had the choice. Not any more.

The restaurants are great. Each one has a different cuisine and the meals are delicious.

Special occasions are lovely to have on-board. You are certainly made a fuss of if you are celebrating an anniversary/birthday etc.

Entertainment, while I found the entertainment very good indeed, this voyage I experienced more comedians that necessary. More variety music type shows would have been better. Otherwise the whole evenings entertainment was great. The talent of the entertainers are outstanding. Especially the musical shows that were performed.

Each port was well organised. The embarking at the ports we visited was very efficient and the tender boats were great. The crew got us off the boat and back on again, with no problems.

Transport was always there to meet the boat at each port. Also, private tours went off very well as well as Cruise Tours.

All in all, sailing with Celebrity Cruises for my husband and I has been a wonderful experience and we would very much recommend this cruise company to anyone who wants to go on holiday and have a wonderful time and we also want to say value for money.

Publication Date: 12/25/13