Westerdam Cruise Review by LINKSMAN: Wonderful cruise

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Westerdam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful cruise

Sail Date: November 2013

Just back from our 41st cruise, most have been with Holland America and Princess. The Westerdam is a wonderful ship, not too big or not too small. As with all HAL ships the Westerdam was clean as a whistle and kept up very well.

Embarkation was a snap and we were on board about 11:45 and having lunch in the Lido at noon. One of my complaints in the Lido is there are no trays and you are constantly going back to get a drink or desert or whatever else, I was told by my personal cruise consultant and HAL this is done so passengers will take less food. Loved the sandwiches at the deli and the salads at the salad bar. My wife had fish just about every day for lunch and it was always great. I had a couple of slices of pizza on 2 days for lunch and it was OK, nothing special.

Our cabin was ready by 12:30 and we had our luggage by 1:30 which is fantastic. Our cabin was spotless and our steward Eko did a great job. It is was nice to have a bath tub as I have a nagging back More and I like to soak in the tub.

We had fixed seating early dinner in the MDR and never had a bad meal, soups and appetizers were very good as well the main courses and deserts. Our waiter Indwar was one of the best we have had, very professional.

Shows were also very good except we did not care for the Country Western show. The BB Kings was one of the best shows we have seen on a cruise ship. Movies were also available but had some weird starting times.

Ports of call were Grand Turk, San Juan, St. Maarten and Half Moon Cay. Having been on 41 cruises the ports of call in the Caribbean do not matter to us anymore as we have been to places like St. Thomas and others 20 times or more, for us the ship is the destination as we love sea days. That being said it is always a thrill to sail by El Morro as we come into San Juan, we walked around San Juan and St. Maarten for and hour or two and bought a few items, we did not get off in Grand Turk or Half Moon Cay.

The Mariners lunch was held on the last sea day and we are not fans of it, we liked it when they had the cocktail party on the last formal night. HAL if you are reading this, please go back to the cocktail parties.

Dis-embarkation was a breeze as we live in Florida and do the early walk off where you carry off your luggage. We were in our car by 7:45 and home by 10:15 as we live about 150 miles from Port Everglades. I was hitting golf balls at noon.

Looking forward to our next cruises on the Royal Princess in March and then the Nieuw Amsterdam in November. Less

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>