Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by SLICK CRUISER: south pacific over rated

south pacific over rated

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Honolulu

boarded the solstice in Honolulu uneventful.The ship is beautiful. as soon as we went for our fist meal we knew there was a problem when we were not able to serve ourselves. pain in the but for the 1st 3days of the cruise.at least there were no other outbreaks of nora virus.

1st stop maui. very nice as always( a lot nicer and cheaper than any of the south pacific islands)

2nd stop Tahiti unimpressed. its like the Puerto rico . a big transit area and dirty.the only nice beaches were at the high priced hotels.

3rd. bora-bora snorkeled with the sting rays and sharks.very beautiful waters. no town to speak off.the beaches were not very good at all. I really was looking forward to seeing this island, but very disappointed after I left. Hawaii has this place beat by a long shot.

4th moorea. people more friendly than bora-bora. went snorkeling again.booked this tour through the boat(the only one) beaches better than other south pacific islands.. all of the More tours from the boat were way overpriced.the boat always tried to scare you saying there are no tours or taxies on shore.lies.

you can book the same tours on shore for 1/2 the price

5th. new Zealand went on a hop on hop off bus loved it.very nice, very clean, a little expensive.i liked it very much

6th bay of islands nice but nothing special

7th Sydney this was on my bucket list since Vietnam. maybe I was expecting to much.i was there for 5 nights. Not impressed. very expensive,to many asiani ,gays, and flies for me. surprised to see so many homeless people.

back to the ship

food- not a very good selection of fish. most of the fish they served even the waiters did not recommend it .could have had other dishes like shrimp,crab,etc. not a lot of varity in dining room.

.not as good as royal, or even carnival.disappointed for celebrity

our room steward and waiter had great service.

the service at guest rations was terrible. so was the service at shore excursion

I thought the entertainment on board was really bad. the shows were not good at all.

to sum it all up. don't waste you good money on this cruise. it is not worth it.the Hawaiian islands are much more beautiful and cheaper.i don't think I will go back.i have been on over 50 cruises,so I know a little about cruising Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>