Emerald Princess Cruise Review by gussue: Scoooter Sue reports

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Emerald Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Scoooter Sue reports

Sail Date: November 2013

I have been a long time Princess cruiser. My husband and I have over 1200 days and 110 cruises on Princess. We are elite cruisers. I have some physical problems and use a scooter necessitating a handicap accessible room. The Emerald was completely accessible. Our cabin was great.

The cruise has a great itinerary. We take this cruise at least twice a year. We live in NY. We were on the Emerald for 20 days in Sept./Oct. going to Quebec and back. We'd love Princess to put in some 14 day cruises that don't return to Ft. Lauderdale after 7 days. The cruise staff with the exception of the cruise director JJ Ullrich were marvelous. I feel like they are family.

In the dining room Jose the maitre'd saw to our every need. Luis our head waiter could not do enough for us. We had crudite and a cheese and nut platter every night. I am diabetic and must take an insulin shot before meals. It is important that I eat something soon after the shot. I order the crudite to be served as More soon as we get there so I don't pig out on the wonderful rolls. Luis saw to it that we got wonderful sugar free desserts made to our specifications. Our waiter, Alan was the same one we had on our Quebec trip. He remembered all our special needs.

Because I am mobility limited and many of the ports are not very accessible I am often aboard ship on port days. I originally chose Princess many years ago because they had shipboard activities while we were in port. I found these activities more limited on this cruise. Our cruise director JJ was invisible. The deputy cruise director, Lynn was very accessible. I must point out that Lynn started as deputy on our Quebec trip and has really come into herself. After a week, I spoke to Lynn about more games like Taboo, Scattegories etc. She complied, and the last 10 days of our cruise were filled with games. The overall concensus on our trip was that JJ was useless.

We eat at anytime dining around 7PM each night. We found that if you are not finished dining by 8:30PM you miss out on a lot of evening activities. Those people on late seating have very few entertainment options. Cruise Classic activities like Majority Rules, Liars Club and the Newlywed games are held around 9PM and late dining starts after 8. Club Fusion should be renamed Club Confusion as it is good for very little. We can play trivia or bingo in there. The ship needs another show venue like the Vista Lounge on other ships.

We were with good friends and had a great time. Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>