Carnival Valor Cruise Review by JBoudreaux

Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Fun on the Carnival Valor Dec 8 - 15, 2013

My family and I were very pleased with our cruise on the Carnival Valor. I was continuously amazed by the amount of great customer service we received by ship crew members. It made a positive impact on my overall experience when I would hear good morning/evening, or just a hello with a smile from so many of them. There are a few members that I must personally acknowledge:

Our cabin steward, Michael, was very pleasant and always had our room in top notch, crisp shape for at least 3 times during each day, not to mention in the evening, when we would return from dinner, there would be a different small animal made from and shaped out of towels awaiting us on one of our beds.. Very cool.. Thanks again for everything, Michael!

For dinner, we were well taken care of by Nadia, Violy and Jefferson. They made our dining experience delightful and fun. Thanks guys!

Valentina was the bartender at Genie's Lounge, and I felt welcomed to just sit, have a cocktail and chat with her. My husband and I made a few friends on the first night of the cruise at her bar, and we had a blast when we were there. She made some great drinks, no to mention some really neat pouring techniques. If you are ever on the Carnival Valor, go and visit her. If you like martinis, get the martini sampling special and watch her awesome mastery of mixology at its best!

I will never forget Cruise Director, Felipe, for the high level of energy and excitement in his voice when he made announcements on the intercom about scheduled events on the cruise. My family and I crossed paths with him one night on our way to dinner, and we talked for a couple of minutes. What a warm and friendly guy. Before leaving, he asked my mother for her cabin number, and he surprised her by delivering a dozen chocolate strawberries to the room. How awesome is that? =)

Carnival offers an upgrade, called "Faster to the Fun" that offers perks to the cruise. We purchased this upgrade for 49.99, and we were allowed to embark without having to wait in any lines, which was really nice. Another part of the upgrade was the ability to disembark and be the first group to leave. Disembarking early was the perk we were mostly interested in, because we wanted to catch an early flight home. Unfortunately, disembarking was stressful for us. The disembarking station was chaotic, and we were not sure where to go. We were told by a Carnival team member to take the elevator to level 0, which we tried to do but were not successful. Instead we had to get off on level 1 and wait in a very crowded spot with no assigned area for passengers that purchased the upgrade. There was only one Carnival employee on level one, but in order to talk to him, we had to walk through the congested area.

Sadly, the employee did not know anything about the "Faster to the Fun" option and said he could not permit anyone to enter level 0. We were confused and frustrated.

Publication Date: 12/23/13