Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by june46: Great itinerary

Overall Member Rating

Great itinerary

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

We stayed at Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale which was great. They had a free shuttle from the airport but the shuttle to the cruise terminal was $7 per person. Embarkation was slow because of a computer glitch but we made new friends while waiting in line.

Our cabin staff were great as were our waiter and assistant waiter at dinner. We had one of the newer oceanview cabins on deck 3 and the window was huge. It was also very central to the lifts, dining room, excursion desk and guest relations. I think it was 3020. The food in all areas was great and the Olympic Restaurant at an extra $40pp is really worth it. The Celebrity singers and dancers were some of the best I have experienced in about 12 cruises but unfortunately the group was leaving the ship at the end of the cruise. The guests entertainers were average but there were some great groups in the bars and lounges around the ship. The daytime activities were the regular ones experienced before but all that I attended were More well run and lots of fun. The only negative was disembarkation in San Diego which may not have been the ship's fault. All non US citizens had to be processed before anyone could leave the ship and some people did not go to see the customs officers at the time they should have. We were late getting the train we wanted to catch and I am sure some people would have missed their flight. The ship did not really let us know about not letting people off until the customs procedure was done and I only heard about it from another passenger. Less

Published 12/23/13

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Cabin review:

Great cabin. One of the newer ones with a flat screen TV. Huge window. Lots of storage space. Only one big chair to sit in whereas I have had this type of cabin before with a lounge. The cabin stewards were really great. Quiet but very convenient position. Close to shore excursion and guest relation desk. Near the dining room and the lifts which took you straight up to the buffet.

june46
Member Since 2011
291 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X