“Nice ship, disappointed in staff”
Cruise review of Coral Princess

Danni3ll3 Coral Princess 4 Nice ship, disappointed in staff
Danni3ll3
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

We had a great cruise in spite of some minor irritations. The ship was beautiful and we loved our cabin. We ended up on the Caribe deck with the double deep balconies. Alaska is a place that needs to be seen from a ship and the views from our balcony were outstanding.

The positives on this trip were:

Beautiful ship

Well laid out

Excellent pastries (Kudos to the pastry chef on board)

Outstanding scenery

Most excursions were well worth the money

The negatives:

Many staff members were inattentive (Might have been tired due to the last run of the season)

For example: Waiter leaning over our table to serve another table coffee; waiter disappearing for 20 minutes during dinner; waiter insisting on selling us a wine tasting package despite us declining; cabin stewart not refilling toiletries until last day; at afternoon tea, one person at the table was served and then waiter ran away with the scones, had to wait 20 minutes for jam and cream once the first waiter was called back to serve the rest of the table.

Very small shower

No soap or shampoo dispenser in the shower

This isn't a negative or positive but the food was just okay. I expected better but what was served was acceptable.

In the end, you can't complain too much about a trip where your bed is made every day and you are fed. We got this trip at half price during their spring sale so I ended up satisfied with the cruise. I would not have been so happy if I had paid full price for it.

I did post a similar review on Princess and we did get a call that we missed. It is interesting that they did not follow up further.

Coral Princess Cruises to Alaska
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Coral Princess Review
Coral Princess Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?