Coral Princess Cruise Review by Danni3ll3: Nice ship, disappointed in staff

Coral Princess 4
Member Since 2012
406 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Nice ship, disappointed in staff

Sail Date: September 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Vancouver

We had a great cruise in spite of some minor irritations. The ship was beautiful and we loved our cabin. We ended up on the Caribe deck with the double deep balconies. Alaska is a place that needs to be seen from a ship and the views from our balcony were outstanding.

The positives on this trip were:

Beautiful ship

Well laid out

Excellent pastries (Kudos to the pastry chef on board)

Outstanding scenery

Most excursions were well worth the money

The negatives:

Many staff members were inattentive (Might have been tired due to the last run of the season)

For example: Waiter leaning over our table to serve another table coffee; waiter disappearing for 20 minutes during dinner; waiter insisting on selling us a wine tasting package despite us declining; cabin stewart not refilling toiletries until last day; at afternoon tea, one person at the table was served and then waiter ran away with the scones, had to wait More 20 minutes for jam and cream once the first waiter was called back to serve the rest of the table.

Very small shower

No soap or shampoo dispenser in the shower

This isn't a negative or positive but the food was just okay. I expected better but what was served was acceptable.

In the end, you can't complain too much about a trip where your bed is made every day and you are fed. We got this trip at half price during their spring sale so I ended up satisfied with the cruise. I would not have been so happy if I had paid full price for it.

I did post a similar review on Princess and we did get a call that we missed. It is interesting that they did not follow up further. Less

Published 12/23/13

406 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X

See Coral Princess deals up to 82% off:

December Deals
Coral Princess 79% Loved It

10 Night Roundtrip Panama Canal (partial Transit)