Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Robert George: Great Cruise

Carnival Victory 5
Robert George
Member Since 2013

Great Cruise

Sail Date: December 2013

I have to say the cruise was excellent from the food, drinks and service. This was our second cruise with Carnival and this time was even a little better then last trip. (Carnival Legend) As for the staff,all I can say is wow!!! The bar tenders was so friendly and helpful!!. I can't name you all, but Gabriealle (not sure on spelling) you became a good friend and I really enjoyed discussing our different lifestyles with you. The dining staff was simply the best. Randell I think your the sweetest guy I ever meet and the rest of the dining staff...Enis, Snow White (don't how to spell your real name) to my favourite bar waiter Eniganas (sorry for spelling).....all the best man in your future plans!! I don't want to leave out all the crew serving the table in all areas, again good job. Gugum great job cleaning our room and keeping a fresh supply of ice. This was the friendliest staff I ever come across and would denifenity think about doing another carnival cruise.

As for the More cheers program, if two people in the same room drinks then it is all right. For us it worked out the same at an average 7 bucks a drink. The couple of issues I got with is that we wanted a couple of cans of soda drink unopened to have in our cabin, but had to complian jusy to get one for whole week without it being open. I understand that it can't be opened up to letting people having unlimited unopened soda, but maybe one each per day or even one per room, per day. Also I think when leaving the ship to go on shore we should be able to have a bottle of water each, of course charge to the program. Again I understand how bottle water can't be used with this program because of sharing, but normally there's three maybe four shore excursions per cruise, which means only 8 bottles of water tops. To sum up, I drink a fair amount when on holidays and my wife will only have maybe two or three a day, So maybe if these few extras was involved I may consider buying it again, but at this point I'm not sure because either way I would have spent the same!!!

But again it was a great trip. Less

Published 12/23/13

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review:

good layout, no issues

very nice spot....drinks little expenisive!!!

should be able to buy some drinks on shore under cheers program!

wasn't impressed with the announcement about the crime in town!

Read 2982 Nassau Reviews