SuperStar Virgo Cruise Review by pbhugra: Profiling on SuperStar Virgo Cruise

Profiling on SuperStar Virgo Cruise

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Asia
Embarkation: Singapore

This would be the worst review I had written….and if anyone wants to verify, I stayed in Cabin 11578

My family had high rather very high hopes from Star cruise however the experience was hopeless and pathetic. Couple of reason, however the primary one was due to profiling done on board with us. Many experiences that we captured and would like to share with fellow people who are planning to go on this cruise.

1. Profiling - We all went for breakfast and upon requesting to be seated next to window, I was told that those seats are given if we had reservation only, which a fair comment and I went ahead. My wife was little late, and when I was inside asking the staff about the table allocated to me, she said if possible please allocate us window, not knowing that those seats are on reservation only. And the response was shocking and totally different than what was told me outside…the staff told us that's for "western only". I asked many times what do you More means and this person was only calling out one fact "it's for western only". When I said are you profiling, she immediately changed to "its only allocated when you are having western breakfast and not Indian, as Indian buffet is far form those seats." I told that staff person that if it's far, then it's a problem for me/family, and we can mange as I could see my kids wanted to sit by the window…..but she was adamant on the fact that I can't.

2. Bedsheets - They were stinking and had stains on it, infact a 2 star hotel cleans better than that. Just wondering this is the standard in rooms with balcony, what's would have happened to inside rooms.

3. Checkout - This was the most horrifying experience for me as we were told all nationalities will checkout before 12.30 or so, and Indians will check out after that. I want to ask why? No ans, isn't that profiling again?

4. Language Barrier - More than 50% of staff doesn't know how to speak most common language in the world that's english and then they claim it to be the multicultural experience.

5. Show Cancellation - Post the magic show, there was a paid class announced for kids, which my son enrolled for. The show was for 10 AM, and in excitement my son was so happy that he wanted to reach their early. We left our cabin around 9 to have breakfast and then drop my son to the magic class. we reached there by 9.45 and there were many other kids waiting. we waited till 10.10 am and no one showed up. When we called the activity centre, they told us, due to lack of min number of enrolments they cancelled it. When I asked them why no information was passed about cancellation, the only ans they had it was that they tried calling our cabin but to no response. When I asked when did you called, they said at 10. I asked that lady, why on this earth will someone be in his cabin at 10 am when they have to be in the class….no ans. then I asked why nobody showed up in the class, announcing that class is cancelled, no ans….

I'm sorry to say, this is total waste of time and money, if you like to stay and enjoy in cruise, then this is the last cruise you would want to stay in. Less

Read more SuperStar Virgo cruise reviews >>