Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by homekegger

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by homekegger
Celebrity Solstice
Celebrity Solstice
Member Name: homekegger
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

NZ cruise from OZ

Well we recently went on our first cruise with Celebrity on board Solstice. Initial responses were “Wow, this is amazing” I can honestly say this never changed on the entire 12 night trip. From elegant fittings, to friendly staff, to an amazing array of things to do. This was the best cruise we have been on and I feel sorry for those that we have to come.

From the moment we arrived at the terminal in Sydney, we felt that things were different. We dropped off our bags and within 30 minutes where checked in and on board the Solstice. We felt this was one of the smoothest check in processes we had experienced. We could not believe how quick and easy it was.

As we walked on board we were greeted with a glass of bubbles or juice(we took the bubbles of course) and told that we could not attend our staterooms until later that day, but please feel free to explore the ship. Explore we did. We walked from front to back and from top to bottom. And our jaws just dragged along the floor as we walked. We could not believe how amazing this ship looked and how well appointed it was. We felt like we had walked into a life that was above our own.

At about 1.30pm we were told over the PA system that our stateroom were ready. We made our way there and were not disappointed. The room was clean, spacious and everything we had hoped for. We dropped of our hand luggage and proceeded to explore the Solstice.

Since it was an overnighter in Sydney, we were fortunate to catch up with old friends as we had lived in Sydney a few years prior. We did however book a 3 dinner package and chose the first night (Compulsory) for our first dinner. As we arrived on board we were greeted by the dinner booking service people who informed us we were booked into Tuscan for the first night’s dinner. We were then able to book our other 2 nights as we pleased.

So our first night’s dinner experience was in the Tuscan grill. The Italian steakhouse. As we enjoyed dessert I commented to my wife, how can we be expected to enjoy the rest of the cruise dining experiences after this. It was amazing. The food was fresh, the staff was friendly and attentive, and the entire experience was amazing.

To think our first days on board were this amazing, we figured it couldn’t get any better, boy were we wrong. From amazing bar staff at Molecular and Martini bars, to great waiters in the main dining room, we were never disappointed.

Our state room was well looked after and always in an amazing state(Thank you Magno) Our needs at several bars were always looked after by some of the most exceptional staff I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with From Adrian, Sergey, Sladjana, Komang, Anthony, Nixon, Csaba just to name a few.

The officers and Cruise director were always approachable and happy to spend time with you without making it feel like a chore.

We had the premium drinks package, and that proved to work quite well for us. For any drinks above $15 we were only charged for the difference. For example, I purchased a drink worth $16 and was only charged $1 for it.

Some lowlights for us were, the casino. In previous cruises, you could notice that some people were lucky enough to win big prizes. On here it seemed that everyone lost on slots, although the daily bragged about how much it had paid out. I think this was either over exaggerated or maybe I missed the guys who won.

Also every time I went to the gym, I noticed that 80% of the treadmills were being used by people in their everyday cloths walking as opposed to perhaps someone that wanted to get a run in. Now there is a walking track on the upper decks and it is very nice. But you cannot run on it as there are obstacles everywhere. So if you wanted to run, a treadmill would have been a great option. Also the limited gym equipment was being used by people in again their everyday cloths pretending to work out to stop the guilt of over eating and indulgence. However if you wanted to do a group class you were expected to pay a fee for this. Funny considering that they are big on offering a healthy alternative lifestyle.

Back again to the many many positives. And there were many. We ate at all the specialty restaurants. Murano was by far the best. Having lobster cooked at the table was an amazing experience, and the service was better than anything I have experienced anywhere in the world.

On most nights and lunches we ate in the main dining room and I would not have it any other way. We chose on each night to share a table and that worked well for us, as we met so many different people it was not funny. It also meant we could enjoy new stories each night.

We were lucky enough to meet so many new people, and have an amazing time. Words cannot describe how amazing we felt this experience was. We are sold on Clebrity and cannot wait till we sail with them again.

If you have any questions regarding anything that I have left out, please let me know And I will answer. There was so much I could tlak about but there is only so much space I can fill.

Publication Date: 12/23/13
More Celebrity Solstice Cruise Reviews

More Australia & New Zealand Reviews
lakers
First time caller
Voyager...a magnificent ship & a...

More Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews