Carnival Victory Cruise Review by mikeyt38: A waste of money!

mikeyt38
Member Since 2009

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Western Caribbean Cruises

A waste of money!

Sail Date: November 2013

This was my 3rd, and last Carnival cruise. My girlfriend and I booked Suite 7329. When we arrived at the cabin it was dirty, with hairs in the bathroom sink and tub. We told the attendant in the hall and he said our cabin had been cleaned. It had to be cleaned again. This was our first cruise in a suite. When I booked the cabin my cruise planner told me we would have a concierge. I called guest services and asked the lady about this, and she laughed and said we did not have one, and we had no more privileges than an inside cabin. The balcony had rust all over it, and the furniture was weathered and had stains.

The food on this cruise was terrible. We talked to cruisers who had been on Carnival cruises before, and they said if it was not for pizza and burgers, they would have starved. The food was tasteless, and either over or under cooked. We ate twice at the Atlantic Dining room. I had prime rib that tasted like cardboard. The hostess at the Atlantic dining room seated us More where we did not want to sit, regardless of the dining room capacity. On night 3, after seating us in a corner, we got up and left and went to the buffet. The temp "hot" on the buffet was non-existent, and the selections were poor. We tried room service, but it was slow, and "hot" sandwiches were delivered cold and soggy.

We have been on 2 other Carnival cruises providing a basis for comparison. The ONLY saving grace on this cruise was our room steward, Henny, who sets an example for all room stewards! Not only was she conscientious in her role as room steward, she was understanding, compassionate and accommodating. One word best describes this carnival cruise - "ghetto" and will be our last Carnival cruise. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Island Tour

(5)

The tour was very nice, with stops at the turtle farm, Tortuga rum outlet, and Hell. The driver tells you all about the island's history along the way.

Semi Submarine Tour

(5)

The tour was very nice, with clear water, lots of fish, and several ship wrecks

We tried to shop and were harassed by pan handlers at every turn. We had lunch at Margaritaville and it was expensive with average food.