Statendam Cruise Review by diamond forever: Statendam HAL SA NOV 3 31 DAY

Statendam HAL SA NOV 3 31 DAY

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: South America & Antarctica
Embarkation: San Diego

I had a wonderful time on the cruise. Met many wonderful new friends and heard their fantastic stories. The crew was fantastic. they ALL gave all they could and more.

The statendam is an older ship. The first cabin we were in was much to warm with no help to fix it. Our shower water was from freezing to luke warm. if you called the front desk... they would say there are issues but they are working on it, I finally went to the front desk and started dealing with the supervisors. They were all kind and tried their best after 9 days we were moved to a different cabin. The room was much cooler. so thankful..... the shower water was hot or at least warmer for 2 days. Then we had several days of lukewarm again.

My husband was sick as were many others and towards the last several days we went again to code Red. then I became ill Nothing anyone can do about that except non passengers that are allowed to board in different ports to eat. We are in a closed environment. More

When the cruise first started and again at Lima.... they they placed the plastic shields to protect the food etc. At many ports they invited people from the port to come aboard to eat. There was no protection at that time, Not sure if that is wise to prevent illness.

2 years prior I was on the Rotterdam from Ft Lauderdale though the canal and ending at San Diego. So many of the ports were the same the first cruise when we docked at Lima it was a lovely place with vendors along the dock and a very nice free shuttle to go into the shopping area. This time they were docked at a very different dock.

not safe at all I personally knew of 3 dangerous incidents there.

the shuttle into town was $30 but I know times have changed

One of the other ports was not as nice of a place either

A lot of the meat was very tough and hard to eat not sure why?

There has been a cut in the Adajio group from 3 - 4 instramentalists

to just one violin and the piano. No more dance hosts.

again times have changed from 2 years ago

Loved loved loved the HAL cats. they are so good and amazing... they can fit in quickly with any performer. I wished there were more familiar songs for our age.

In spite of all this I would travel HAL again some day Less