“Jewel of a cruise......”
Cruise review of Norwegian Jewel

PhotoPete Norwegian Jewel 5 Jewel of a cruise......
PhotoPete
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our first time on Norwegian and first time sailing from New Orleans. We've been on six other cruises.

Living close to New Orleans, we drove to the port. We parked at a lot on Convention Blvd for 84 dollars for the week and were driven to the port. The line to get through security was long, only two x-ray machines were in operation. Once past security things went quickly and we were on the Jewel in no time.

Cabin 8072 is an obstructed ocean view. There was no view as the two small windows were covered in an opaque film, I guess to prevent the crew from seeing into the cabin. We ate most of our meals at the buffet. The buffet is laid out well and there was plenty of food. Omelts to order and plently of bacon. We ate twice at Tsar's and found the food and service to be very good. Both my wife and I thought the food on Jewel was very good. We went to the theatre three nights and the entertainment was good.

We had beautiful weather the entire week except for a brief rain in Cozumel. We did ship's excursion in Jamaica and Cozumel. Went to Appleton Estate Rum tour in Jamacia and Tulum ruins when in Cozumel.

While at sea we worked on our suntan. Never has trouble finding a recliner to lay on. Room stewart keep the room in good shape. I'd do this cruise again as we had a very good time. We were impressed with Norwegian and the Jewel.

Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

We had an obstructed OV cabin. Only problem we had was the windows. The windows are small and were covered with an opeque film to prevent the crew from seeing in the room while working on the lifeboats. I liked the way the bathroom was configured with sliding doors for the shower and toilet.
Published 12/22/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Jewel Review
Norwegian Jewel Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?