Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lilricky67

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by lilricky67
Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: lilricky67
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Fantastic Vacation

This was my first cruise in about 12 years and my second on Celebrity. I insisted on sailing Celebrity this time because the last time was excellent. For the most part, I was not let down. That's not to say there weren't issues, but the were relatively minor in the whole scheme of things.

I'll start with the cons first:

- There was a large group (1000+) that was booked on this cruise and we were not aware of it until we sailed. This caused much of the bar service to be delayed as many of the staff had to be diverted to serving this group. They also had some parts of the ship reserved to themselves, including the pool deck one evening.

- The non-live music in many of the common areas was not what I expected on Celebrity. Most of it was club music and very loud. That's fine in the dance areas, but the rest should have quieter more subdued music. My impression of Celebrity is class and elegance, and this music was neither.

- Late night comedy. I didn't find it overly funny, but that is really a matter of taste. I know many others really enjoyed it.

- The ship, while beautiful, felt a bit cramped and main foyer area that dazzled you and was a focal point for the ship. Minor thing I know, but I just like to walk on-board and have my jaw drop as I enter the foyer.

Now, on to the pros:

- Service was top notch. We had a small flood in our cabin on the second day. Our stateroom attendants found it, addressed the problem, and customer relations left us a voice mail offering a different state room all BEFORE we were even aware of it. Our stateroom attendant knew we were staying next to my in-laws so he did everything he could to resolve it quickly for us so we didn't have to move. Plus they comp'ed part of our bill for the inconvenience. Classy all the way around.

- Service in the rest of the ship was fantastic as well. Our waiter in the MDR were outstanding, our waiter in the Lawn Grill was outstanding, the dealer at my table in the Casino was friendly and helpful. Basically, everyone of the staff I encountered always had a genuine smile when they saw you and were more than happy to assist in any way they could.

- Food - Breakfast and lunch were good (previous cruise was much better in this area), but the MDR was phenomenal. Each night we were all left wow'ed by our meals. I was however disappointed by the lawn grill steaks. I think it was the rub they used but again, that's a very subjective topic.

- The stateroom we had was very comfortable and clean.

- Entertainment was some of the best I've seen on a cruise (granted this is only my fourth). Normally I'm not a big fan of revue type shows, but I really enjoyed these shows, especially the Rock show (which included the acrobats). Keep in mind, I'm 46 and grew up on Rock music. Usually I find those types of revues very cheesy and kind of like a bad amusement park show. This show was far better than that and even had me singing along at times.

- The jazz band was great the few times I heard them.

- Drinks - YUM

- I can't comment on the excursions they offered as we booked our own separately.

Overall, I would highly recommend this ship and this cruise line to anyone. My wife and her parents said it was the best vacation they've taken and I whole heartedly agree with them.

Publication Date: 12/22/13
More Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews

More Celebrity Reflection Reviews
5 star Celebrity
Pied Piper guests filled 1/3 of...

More Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews