Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by double s: Paddlewheeler is luxurious!

double s
Member Since 2005

Cabin Not Rated

Paddlewheeler is luxurious!

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: USA
Embarkation: New Orleans

We accompanied my 88 yr old parents on a 7 nite cruise NOLA to NOLA. We had originally booked a 4 nite, but the duration changed to 7 with no price increase.

Let me stop and say how delightful the Captain, Officers, Stewards, Servers, & even the Deckhands are!

Everyone was helpful and special consideration (& golf cart transportation) given to any handicapped folks who needed it. My Mom & Step Dad were two that did!

We toured Houmas House in Natchez after a brief stop at Oak Alley. (the tour day for Oak Alley was changed to Friday). Our next stop was Vicksburg and we had planned to visit the first place Coca-Cola was bottled. As we checked on breakfast time with my parents cabin, we found something very wrong with my Mom. Paramedics were called and she was transported to Vicksburg hospital. After testing she made improvement and was transferred to our home hospital by ambulance. We returned to the ship to many concerned passengers she has become More acquainted with and packed their cabin and ours. We had to end our cruise early, but precious memories were made and My Mom was treated like the "belle" of the Ball.

Thanks to the staff for help in our time of need. Sara Sealy Less