Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Eileenlebow: Cruising on the Jewel

Cruising on the Jewel

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

I love sailing out of San Juan but, did not like the ports of call on this sailing. The ship was immaculate

And so was our cabin. This was a girlfriend trip and we took the personal choice dining which I prefer always. The food in the dining room. Was better than average - this was a pleasant change. I was not impressed with the lunch choices. I don't suggest wasting money at Portifino however Chops was as good as any steak restaurant on land.

Entertainment , the 2 nights that were outside entertainers was great, Tony Tilman and the Harry Reed platters great. The royal Caribbean dancers and singers not good. We tried 3 times and left the show each time.

In Tortola a local driver took us toBrewers Bay horrible if anyone wants pictures let me know. The driver gave us a line of bs that all beaches were bad this time of the year. We spoke with others that went toCave Gardens and they were happy. St. Kitts not a great port but if you want to go to a beach go to More Carambola Beach $16.00 pp chair and umbrella nice and clean , lovely patio.

Dominica is known for their natural beauty falls, rain forest skip beach.

Do not go to round beach in Barbados or the boat yard. Harrison caves is a great choice or Monkey bar beach.

St. Maarten orient beach and if you don't want to travel. There go to the beach in front of shops .

I prefer stopping in st. Maarten, st. Thomas, St. Lucia, Barbados , Antigua, Aruba

For some reason some the cruise lines aren't doing St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Spa so so. My massage was great. However, the shower curtain was moldy filthy, towels on floor the greeters didn't offer robes, didn't ask if we wanted to use quiet room Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>