Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by clauspeter.schwarz

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by clauspeter.schwarz
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: clauspeter.schwarz
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
        3-6 4.0
Value-for-Money 5+

Most caring crew, enjoyable overnights

We traveled on Celebrity Millennium in November 2013 from Sydney to Singapore. We had chosen the rear facing Cabin 8172. We were travelling with our five year old daughter. We - the parents - are mid forties and like it quiet with reasonable food, but not very formal an a daily base. We only have done six cruises so far.

Many reviews made me nearly to NOT book this ship and cruiseline. I honestly do not understand those reports after having enjoyed a wonderful time onboard. I take into consideration the price I paid (Singapore based).

Embarkation and Check In. VERY GOOD. The boat docked at Circular Quay in Sydney. It was announced that the overnight might be tendered, but we docked for both days at Circular Qay!!!! That already is hard to beat. The baggage drop was very efficient, even when doing the drop of by car. After we dropped the baggage we went back to town. As we arrived for the real check in in the afternoon there was no queue or delay and we went within a few minutes onboard.

A glass of sparkling of sparkling wine was served upon reaching deck 4. As expected I needed to identify my baggage at security (due to some items we brought along). I cleared it in no time and got a good hand to bring my bags into the state room.

A bottle of sparkling wine was waiting in the room and we found our room in perfect condition. Extremely well maintained and clean. The cabin was exactly as advertised and the balcony was huge. When I say huge, I really mean huge. It's a terrace, mostly covered yet also providing sunny parts,

For breakfast we always went to the Oceanview cafe, where a buffet is served. Everything is reasonable, choices are given. Only drawback might be that the walking distance might increase when opting for choices, but then... if you want choices that's it on a buffet.

We also went for lunch to the buffet, same as above, the rear counter offered good fresh sandwiches, my daughter loved the pasta bar for fresh pasta.

We did not opt for any drink package as we were not sure about it. For us this was the perfect choice. The juices on the buffet were great, coffee and tea "ok". Bottled Water priced reasonable. In the evening and on the cabin we anyhow preferred a bottle.

The dinner we took most of the time on our balcony twice in the buffet, formal and some other nights in the Metopolian. Room service requires patience (1-1.5 hours), but food is hot and well presented. Oceanview buffet is empty at night, great with a child, but food is not comparable to the quality of Metropolian. The Metropolian served a menu that we found very comparable to other cruises. The food was good, the waiters great. A Kids menu was available. The Wine list is impressive and reasonable prices. The Somelier was well trained and did never try to sell unreasonable. On formal nights there could be a slightly better choice within the seafood area. Seafood in general was the only draw back in quality I experienced, it could have been slightly better, but then I need to admit that our chosen itinerary contained frequent small and remote ports (meaning tendering as well as passing within Indonesia), thus fresh catering is not easy. We had the select dining option and always got the reservation as we wanted and the table we preferred.

Within my profession i work with processes and passenger flows and I have to give great credit to the staff coordinating the tender process and flow. While waiting time is expected, it was so well organized and communicated that I could not see room for improvement without increasing cost for the cruise line. A job very well done.

We did not go for any entertainment or bar, thus we cannot comment. The Fun Factory for Kids was open when required. Carrying only 33 kids the challenge was not high. It may be a room for improvement to make it slightly more cheerful and appealing. Having said this, my daughter liked it, but we always needed to convince her in the first time to go there...

Again some words with regards to the staff. Superb, Great, Personal, Friendly, Helpful, Correct and more. Many thanks to our Caretaker of the cabin: Augosto, The Waiter Pero in the Metropolian and Melwin providing good advice on the wine list.

Celebrity and Catain Costas created a perfect and memorable memory for all of us. Our daughter is now addicted to cruising as well .....

Thanks for reading. Clauspeter