Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by SEAMOREW: Couldn't wait to breakaway from the Breakaway

SEAMOREW
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated
Family & Children 3.0

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Couldn't wait to breakaway from the Breakaway

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My wife and I, son and daughter-in-law and two small grandchildren sailed on December1, on a 7 day Florida/Bahamas trip. The ship is exceptional, very impressive! The cabins are efficient and comfortable and the top deck water activities are numerous and exciting. The service staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The shows, Cirque Dreams, Burn the Floor and Rock of Ages were well done and entertaining.

The ship is very poorly designed with many small areas - except the Casino.which is large- and is difficult to navigate. 4500+ passengers and only 2 banks of elevators! With so many passengers and so much congestion and NOISE, we found the ship to be ".uncomfortable." Throw into the mix the most inconsiderate passengers we have ever encountered and the combination made for the least enjoyable cruise we have taken. Finally, my wife who has no known food or contact allergies, developed multiple lesions on her arms, neck and legs during the last 4 days of the cruise. More They appear to be some type of insect bites.

I will relate some of the specific experiences. On the second day my wife and I went to the Manhattan restaurant for breakfast. Even if you are the only people at the desk and there are multiple tables available you still wait to be seated. After receiving menus and getting coffee we placed our order and waited and waited some more. After 30 minutes my wife's oatmeal arrived and 10 minutes later, my soggy, tasteless waffle was delivered. In the 40+ minutes nobody came by to refill our coffee cups and nobody brought a basket of pastries. As we were finishing a Maitre'd stopped at the table to ask how things were. In a very cordial way I told him about the poor service and he said, "In other words it was Lousy!" I replied that I would not say that but that I didn't disagree. He apologized, took my room number and said he would get back to me. I am still waiting.

At the Cirque show, my wife ordered a glass of Moscato. They brought her Chardonay. She ordered her Filet medium and it was served well. Since you eat while watching the show, and your server is part of the show returning a plate is not an option.

To celebrate my daughter-in-law's birthday we wanted to order a cake from the "Cake Boss." The place was never opened and when I saw an Officer standing close by I asked him what the hours were. He said, "I don't know" and walked away. The Greek (Celebrity) oficers are much more cordial.

Finally, again in Manhattan, I ordered Diced Mellon rather than Juice. The plate came with a small cup of cottage cheese with a MOLDY strawberry. Again I was told that I would be contacted. Again I am still waiting.

For a ship that promotes family vacations I thought it was thoughtless that there was no milk on the private island. If there is a reason for this, other than poor planning they should suggest that you bring your own from the ship.

We have cruised numerous times on 5 different lines, mostly with Celebrity. We expected a different experience and we got it! Disappointed? Absolutely. Displeased? Yes. Willing to try NCL again? Not in this lifetime! Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>