Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Staticfire229

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: Staticfire229
Cruise Date: November 2013

Amazing Thanksgiving on the Glory!

I don't know where to start, we flew to Miami the night before and decided on the wrong Hotel to stay at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites Miami Airport North The floors were filthy the floor in the bathroom was bubbled up from getting wet, the shower was not for tall people and it was a motel not a hotel as we were expecting, and the pool could use some cleaning. We did not partake in the continental breakfast so I cannot comment on that, The staff however was friendly and helpful, and signed us up for a a 10$ per person shuttle to the port. all in all not worth the money paid and free shuttle to the airport. (with a call to the hotel the shuttle was there within about 20 minutes,)

We decided to purchase the faster to the fun for 50$ it was worth it, it only took us about 20 minutes to get through security, get our paperwork done and get onto the ship, we were also able to go straight to our rooms and drop off our bags, then start enjoying our vacation.

Our Itinerary was a 7 day western Caribbean

Cozumel

Belize

Mahogany bay Isle Roatan

Grand cayman Cayman Island

Now for the cruise my husband and I went along with 2 of his cousins and their significant others, We are range in age fro 27-40 and 2 of the boys are quite tall and some of us are plus size, we are all perfectly mobile, I was a little worried about some of the reviews about the size of the some spaces, thankfully none of us had any problems.

our cabin was located in the aft starboard on deck 6, it was for sure worth the extra money for a balcony, though if you are a light sleeper you might want to get a deck lower or a little closer to midships, I could hear the music from the ebony room slightly. A lot of people comment on how small the rooms are but I had no problems with the size of our cabin, the bathroom is quite small but again no major problems.

Our room steward setyo was ok, though we only saw him a handful of times throughout the cruise.

our neighbours had an awesome room steward Tong.

There were very few Negatives on this ship, the weather was not the best but there is nothing anyone can do about that, because of the weather there were a couple of rough nights where the ship was rocky and people were stumbling around like they were drunk (lol half of them probably were) thankfully nobody in our party got sea sick, because of the rough seas we were unable to get off the ship in Belize BOOO! though we got full refunds on our tickets and it was clearly stated that if it was deemed unsafe at a tender port we could end up not being able to get off the ship.

I don't see why people absolutely rave about the food on the ship, yes most of it was good but most of it was anything to write home about except for the chocolate melty cake YUMMY, The Steakhouse was very good as well, portions were huge and was well worth the extra 35$ per person. I think my favorite place on the lido to eat was guy's burgers, I had a major problem with anywhere that served eggs however, tried a breakfast burrito and almost puked, people do not know how too cook eggs, everywhere they were still runny and barely cooked. EWW. The fish and chips were good but no white vinegar to be seen booourns.

The dining room food was generally good, but the best part of the dining room was our wait staff, James (suka.... none of us could pronounce his full name but he must have been used to it because he told us right away to just call him James) Arnold, and Manalito a.k.a. Sasha Fierce, these three men were amazing, got us whatever we needed, knew us by name and even played tricks with us and danced with us. We loved the entertainment every night after desert. they even put up with us crazy Canadians and took as many pictures as we wanted to take with them. we were in the platinum dining room for early seating, next time I think we would choose late seating though.

The entertainment was pretty good as well, we went to the comedy club every night there was a show Allyn Ball, John westly Austin and JR Mcallum were all funny in their own way and very entertaining. we went to some of the Hasbro game shows and shows in the main theatre and most were good some were good but just not our style (musical theatre) we also did some of the trivia, I played Giant Jenga and we did a digital scavenger hunt (girls against boys in our group) Girls won! yay Girl power.

one thing that I didn't really expect was that the pools were all salt water, except for the whirlpools.

a couple last things, if you drink a lot of soda the bottomless bubbles is worth the 50$ per person for 7 days.

and a special shout out to our amazing and gorgeous cruise director Matt Mitchum

Publication Date: 12/13/13