Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by MGL Elvis: Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in Cabin #6204

MGL Elvis
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Sunshine Western Caribbean Cruises

Cruise to Grand Cayman and Cozumel in Cabin #6204

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my second cruise ever and once again I chose Carnival. This was the Inaugural Cruise from New Orleans and was really looking forward to it.. Overall the cruise was a great time.. The ship is done with a lot of wood and marble accents. The two Liquid Lounge shows, Latin Nights and Epic Rock, were great shows but sadly only lasted about 35 mins. each. As for the Liquid Lounge Night Club.. It was not my cup of tea..Seemed to be geared more to the 20's age group. The Piano Bar 88 featured 2 entertainers, Seth Gibson the first half of our cruise and then Gary Pickus the second half. Both guys were great and each had their own style. Spent most nights here..

After hearing so many negatives about the cabin smells and such I was a little afraid, BUT when I got to my Cabin I was pleasantly surprised. The Cabin was clean and had no foul odors at all. Everything worked as it was supposed to. Once I figured out how the A/C worked I had it dialed in and it worked great throughout More the cruise. I guess the Night Stand is what they were calling the coffee table. lol My Steward, Erwin, and his crew did a fantastic job. Room was cleaned and refreshed at all times.. Even on embarkation day when we boarded at 11 AM my cabin was ready. There were no odors in the hallway at any time. I guess the only negative would be the rolling of the ship that could be felt especially at night and the seas were never that rough but did have 25-30 mph winds most times we were in the Gulf of Mexico.

My biggest disappointment was the Karaoke.. They only had 3 days of our 6 day cruise scheduled with karaoke. The time allotted was only 1 3/4 hrs per day. That left a lot and I mean a lot of singers that NEVER got the chance to sing. Karaoke was supposed to be in the Limelight Lounge all three days but one day it was moved to the Piano Bar which was way too small a venue. As for the much touted Superstar Karaoke, it was scheduled for only one day and lasted 1 hr. What a disappointment. This has been brought to the Beards attention and hopefully it will be addressed properly very soon The Sunrise MDR experience was very different from what I experienced on my first cruise on Conquest in May 2013. While the menu was the same.. the quality was not the same. At first the service started off slow but once got started seemed to flow ok.. Marija and her team did a great job for me.

One thing I did noticed was that there were very few places a person could go and sit and be a people watcher or sit by a window and just gaze out over the water.

Had a great time in Grand Cayman and Cozumel, my first times there. So satisfied that I am taking this ship again Jan 2014. Less

Read more Carnival Sunshine cruise reviews >>