Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by NurseLana

Entertainment Not Rated
        16+ 6.0
Shore Excursions 5+

The Time of Our Lives

It was awesome. I went with my teenage (17 yr old) son and we both had our own individual great time as well as a blast together. He is the social animal and he met people from everywhere. Even when we went to the islands people off the ship would say hello to him, several times. I found that remarkable with 6,000 + passengers. Of course he is very charasmatic, has long red curly reddish blond hair and got half of it braided so I guess that is one reason he stood out lol He thought he got dreadlocks lol. I loved the art and the quiet places on the ship, the solarium especially. I went there about 4:30 am every non port day, hot tubbed it, photographed the sunrise and hung out until the sale on the promenade started in the afternoon. Then I napped, waited for the sunset to photograph and dinner. We didn't do the live shows. We were scheduled for every single one of them but when the time came we bailed, just didn't seem like what we wanted to do. I am a hermit and he is an extrovert so instead we just went and did our thing. I loved the fact that my son was totally trusted and looked after on this ship, from him having the ability to charge me for $27 worth of cupcakes in one setting to the teen disco supervisor catching him with an alcoholic beverage (some do gooding adult provided) They scared the poop out of him but never took his privledges away like they could have. It was like haveing his now absent dad on board. I was not to impressed with the formal dining room, to long a wait, to formal, and the food was not all that great. We opted for the Windjammer (that we nicknamed the WindSlammer one night when almost blown over trying to get to it from the wrong side of the upper deck ) for almost all the other dinners. Room service was good, took awhile, had limited options but if you ask for something not on the room service menu they still tried to find it for you--their food was very good, as was the WindSlammer and the Solarium Bistro. And I cannot say enough about our cabin attendant Ricard Reed, what an awesome young man. Everytime we left our cabin for even a few minutes he emptyied our garbage, replaced towels, etc. I ask for ice one time, and after that he got me ice at least twice a day. He made us a little swinging creature from a coat hanger, towel and my sons sunglasses that was adorable. I had pre-paid our gratuities so I wasn't sure how much extra I wanted to leave him because I didn't really know how much he got of the pre-paid. So I opted on $40 but I feel I probably should of left more. He was so sweet and helpful. My only unpleasant crew member was the internet lady (not the boss) she was not very helpful. I signed off the same way every single time but sometimes miraculously my time would get used up and I would drift into pay as you go, it always took 2 calls to her to get my time restored and unwarranted charges off my account. And everytime she would tell me it was my fault and warn me she wasn't adjusting it the next time (but she did) I advise keeping an eye on your account if you buy the internet coz it does not work right. That and you will know about the $27 of cupcakes in time to say lets not do that again. He felt the need to fed all the teenagers in his possee group one night--another reason he might be popular. This was our very first cruise and we will for sure do this again, it was all we expected and more--oh yeah one last thing--book your shore excursions thru Royal Caribbean. We had some time conflicts with some and totally missed one because I felt ill from the humidity on the first day in port. 3 days later when I told the excursion attendant what happened he refunded 100% of my money. They refunded !00% of monies prepaid on excursions with close time contraints as well. Royal Caribbean went way out of their way to make our very first cruise "the time of our lives"

Publication Date: 12/13/13