It was ok. Travelling with a Wheel Chair user: MSC Lirica Cruise Review by Mandy G
Overall Member Rating
It was ok. Travelling with a Wheel Chair user
Destination: Middle East
- Lots of staff at the airport, made finding the coach easy.
- Moved quickly through the queue at the terminal for check in.
- After the Airport, they took care of the suitcases and got them to the right room.
- Designated disabled entrance and security helped onto the ship.
- A member of staff pushed the wheel chair user to our room.
- There were never any broken down lifts.
- the ship was spotlessly clean and the cabin steward was really helpful.
- Loads of storage space in the cabin, more than we needed.
- Designated disabled sun beds by the pool.
- designated disabled tables in the buffet restaurant.
- A few nice members of staff who opened doors for us.
- Assistance provided for getting off the ship More and they took care of the suitcases off the ship and onto the port.
- Lots of people from lots of different nationalities on board.
- Catered for as many languages as possible.
- Easy transfers to coach from ship on Excursions.
- Oman Excursions well organised and enjoyable.
- Restaurant staff in the sit down restaurant pushed wheel chair user to table most of the time.
- Security always helped get on and off ship.
- Reasonable choice of duty free shops for a small ship.
- No information or welcome from the rep on the coach.
- Lifts only big enough for one wheel chair + 3 people and were very slow.
- Below decks had high bumps round doors which were difficult with the wheel chair.
- Some staff were very miserable and unhelpful, I.e. Trying to order an ice cream Sunday.
- If able bodied people used Disabled designated tables in the buffet, no one moved them.
- Attitude from Excursion desk that disabled people should either stay on ship, or if they do go off ship, they should not get off the coach, and shouldn't have more than a 4 hour excursion. We think we were told an excursion was sold out when it wasn't because they didn't want a wheel chair user on it.
- Disabled sun Beds a long way from the pool.
- Lack of information throughout, we were late leaving for two excursions but no one told us why.
- expectation that wheel chair user should walk when out on excursions.
- Food was mediocre and the buffet bar lacked choice, only catering for Italian tastes.
- No Assistance in the buffet bar which meant my husband and I continually ate separately. I pushed him round and got him seated then by the time I got my food he had finished.
- Gala night the majority of passengers did not dress up but were not turned away, several wearing jeans. the dress was supposed to be dinner jacket and cocktail dress. casual dress was only meant to be in the buffet.
- Only one pillow each in the cabin.
- No chocolates on the pillow when the bed was turned down.
It was ok, we went with Thomson last cruise we did which was superb, going on Thomson again on our next cruise. Less
Cabin was clean and tidy, lots of storage, enough room for wheel chair, only one pillow each on bed. Wifi kept cutting out but then charged for time you hadn't used.
Stretched Lirica Genoa to Rio
Sunshine and Fun
A lot to praise....but disappo...