Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Darcimi: Excellent cruise/honeymoon!

Norwegian Breakaway 5
Darcimi
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Excellent cruise/honeymoon!

Sail Date: December 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

To know – this was our first cruise and our honeymoon – the groom and I are both 26 (MUCH younger than the average age of cruiser on the ship. It was mostly retirees and families with children).

We were very pleased with the accommodations – we had a balcony, and while the actual balcony isn’t very large, it fit the two of us comfortably and the views were STUNNING. We unpacked our bags and put them inside the closet to live for the week, so they weren’t in the way at all.

Restaurants – We didn’t eat at any of the specialty restaurants because we didn’t feel the need. The food was delicious in the regular dining rooms and we never had to wait more than 20 minutes for a table. Keep in mind that the ship was sailing at full capacity (4,300 passengers and 1,600 crew) and we never had any issues. While a lot of the reviews say the menus are the same the entire time, I was pleased to see that they changed up throughout. More

Entertainment – The entertainment was amazing! I was blown away by the talent on board – the shows (Burn the Floor, Second City, Cirque Dreams Jungle Fantasy, and Rock of Ages) were all stellar and the comedians were hilarious. I was never without anything to do if I wanted to be out of the stateroom while at sea.

Cruise Director – The Cruise Director was just great. He hosted all of the parties on the boat, which were so much fun! Everyone was on vacation and just having a wonderful time. I would recommend taking advantage of the parties on the deck! They were creative and so entertaining – the crew kept the party going with choreographed dancing and high energy.

VIBE Beach Club – a few reviews suggested joining the VIBE beach club because the general deck area gets overcrowded and overrun with kiddos. Since we were on our honeymoon, we wanted a less stressed experience, so we joined ($78/pp for the week) and we were very glad we did – on the nice days, the deck was PACKED. There was certainly space for everyone that wanted to be out there, but I prefer a calmer atmosphere. This area also has its own bar and hot tubs. The only downside was that it didn’t have a small pool. I ran to dip in the general pool (only one deck away) when I overheated and retreated back to our little haven.

Overall I had a really great vacation and I am so glad I didn’t let the reviews get me down Less

Published 12/13/13

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review:

As stated above, we were very pleased with the accommodations – we had a balcony, and while the actual balcony isn’t very large, it fit the two of us comfortably and the views were STUNNING. We unpacked our bags and put them inside the closet to live for the week, so they weren’t in the way at all.

Darcimi
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X