Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Kins296

Member Name: Kins296
Cruise Date: December 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Prior to boarding the ship, I had purchased a pack of new t-shirts and slipped them into my suitcase. When unpacking on board the whole package was gone.

BEWARE OF THE HOT WATER IN YOUR BATHROOM! IT WILL SCALD YOU.

We had instructed the service desk to not apply gratuities to the credit card because we wanted to do cash tips. Upon arriving home we checked the credit card statement and found that we were charged the gratuities on TOP OF the cash envelopes.

Food was so so, room attendant was great, the dining staff were great. The steak was good, but potatoes not done all the way through, I am glad I ordered a baked potato also. I see some of the reviews that the "class" of people were lacking, and I agree totally. The one formal night dining there were a good number of people who did suit up, but many did not, including a man in a printed t-shirt. I thought that is what the Lido deck was for. I had the unfortunate time of winding up near a highly intoxicated person too often. They tend to "take over the show", become obnoxious, or completely pass out.

Personally I found the dining room seats very uncomfortable, giving my back additional pain for the length of time I had to sit there. Asking for the fruit plate with "just the watermelon" was not possible, you have to take it as it is listed on the menu.

Music by the pool was too loud, too often. You can't even hear conversation if you shout. The 2 hot tubs are filled beyond capacity by children, allllll the time. What ever happened to school days? The swimming pool is small and very cold.

Limited space on the outside deck to sit and watch the ocean. There is in fact, no seating on the Lido deck on the outside rail (I am not counting the storage units for life jackets), some choose to drag a lounge chair out there to get away from the loud music, myself included. Sure, if you go up one deck over looking the pool there is seating, but you have direct exposure to the loud music there too.

Speaking of life jackets.... The muster drill at the beginning of the cruise was lacking in information. One of us is handicapped and uses a scooter. Elevators are out of service in a real emergency. Handicapped persons were instructed in the muster drill to remain in the theater lounge while everyone else proceeded to continue the muster drill up to the lifeboats, I assume that is where they went. We were never told. We were told that persons unable to navigate stairs would be taken care of... BUT NEVER TOLD HOW THEY WOULD BE TAKEN CARE OF. We were left in the dark of what to do in an emergency. I think I could get him down stairs, but most definitely NOT UP stairs. Another point we were not told of, do we go up or down?

This was our first cruise on Carnival, and is our last cruise with them. I was really trying to keep an open mind figuring the line was working hard to improve their image from recent tragic events. But we will stick to Royal Caribbean or Celebrity, don't let Carnival ruin your view on cruising. BTW... pick pockets are on board the ship too, not just in port.

Publication Date: 12/13/13