Coral Princess Cruise Review by bankergirl06: First time cruisers point of view of the Coral Princess

bankergirl06
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Coral Princess Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

First time cruisers point of view of the Coral Princess

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

Let me start by saying that we had a fabulous time! My husband age (51) and me (49) have sailed 2 times on Carnival and 1 time on NCL but this was our first cruise on Princess. There was so much to do on this ship that you could never be bored. While there were good things and not so good things we made the best of all situations and met many wonderful people while on board.

Ship - Very clean. the temperature on the ship seemed to be perfect for us all the time, I never needed a sweater. The ship was easy to navigate and never seemed crowded even though it was a smaller ship.

Balcony - I have read many negative things about the bump out balconies but we had decided to book one anyway. We had the last bump out balcony room on the forward/starboard side of the ship right before the other balconies that were set in a bit. We thought maybe we would lose privacy because you had the balcony beside you set back and the balcony below you was not covered so you could see both More but it didn't seem to be an issue for us. While I thought the balcony was a bit smaller than other cruise lines it was adequate and we also went with our friends so we had the stewardess open the door between our rooms which made it much better.

Cabin Stewardess - The cabin stewardess RONA was awesome! If you are lucky enough to have her assigned to you cabin you will not be disappointed. She greets you every morning and night with a smile and always bends over backwards to make sure you have everything you need. She takes the time to get to know her passengers which is great!

Cabin - the cabin was clean and fresh. It had a flat screen TV and a desk area, plenty of storage and good lighting. No complaints and yes the shower is small but adequate.

Food - this is always subjective to your own taste so I will say that we had no problem finding things that we all liked to eat. There was so much food that by the end of the cruise all of us felt that we just couldn't eat anymore! We had anytime dining and never had to wait for seating but then we weren't fussy and ate with many different people. If you only wanted a table for 2 or 4, I did see a wait at times. We met so many wonderful people by choosing to eat at tables for 6-10 people and I am very glad we chose this option.

Staff - what can I say...they all were wonderful! Everyone made you feel special from the time we boarded to the time we left. Yes, There were a few (and I mean a few) that seemed a little on the crabby side but hey everyone has a an off day every once in awhile but if you talked to them they smiled and talked back! If I spent 6 months to a year trying to please everyone, I believe I could be in a bad mood every once in awhile too!

Excursions -

Aruba - 4X4 excursion was great! We got to see the whole island which was beautiful

Cartaegna - took a bus/walking tour of the city.

Limon Costa Rica - zip lining tour...awesome!

Panama - the highlight of the trip, so amazing!

Grand Cayman - the tour that we had booked was cancelled after waiting an hour due to the bus breaking down. Princess did reimburse us plus for our inconvenience gave us both a $20 OBC which I thought was very nice since this was not the fault of Princess.

All in All I would recommend this cruise to anyone. While I thought some things were better than other cruise lines some things were not but I always make the best of every situation. Nothing is perfect so you have to adjust. Less

Read more Coral Princess cruise reviews >>