Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by baby

Celebrity Reflection
Celebrity Reflection
Member Name: baby
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: Celebrity Reflection Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

just my personal opionion, but not the best cruise we have been on

my brief thoughts about the reflections

the ship was beautiful and very clean

the food was not as good as other celebrity cruises or even other lines. the buffet food was not good at all. there were not that many choices in one night to choose from - on other ships there was always 2 or 3 choices. the desserts were underwhelming I will say though my waiter went out of his way to try and please me. Since I do not like onions and garlic and the food was seasoned heavily with both, the waiter had food made for me without the onion and garlic. I put in an excellent commendation about him for his efforts.

we upgraded to the better drink package but wished we had not - we kept asking to try a better a wine and all the bars and even the dining room stewart said there were none - this was a big disappointment - I don't know if it was just our stewart or not. I do have to say that service at all the bars were great and did not have to wait to get a drink.

while the musical group that played outside the ensemble lounge was fantatic but only played for short intervals. it seemed when we wanted to hear them, they were playing while we were having dinner. I will say I heard comments that the dance area was not as big on the older ships, but I disagree in that I did feel there was enough room for dancing. there should have been a designated lounge where there would be music for dancing for a few hours so that we could enjoy the music and dance. this was the first cruise ever that we did not dance one time. we di go to the sky lounge one evening but since there was not a disco, there were way too many young people so we felt uncomfortable and did not stay.

the pools seemed very small and again this was the first cruise where we did not go into the pool even once. However, there were ample loungers especially under the covered areas of the pool.

the shows were not appealing at all so needless to say we did not go to see too many of them. there was a lot of hype about the "x" rated comedy late night which we thought was a waste - does someone really want to sit for at good one half watching a comedian and bicycle wheel - really - and the burlesque was a "joke" that poor young girl..........what a waste

In St. Martin there were 6 or 7 ships in port - way too many people at one time.

Embarkation was great - we were on the ship before we knew it Getting off the ship was more than a joke having to wait around the carousel for quite a long time waiting for the luggage to come around. I don't believe this Celebrity's fault but none the less - this was atrocious and there were many many other passengers quite upset.

All in All I took a third celebrity cruise because I feel they are a step above - but was disappointed. As another reviewer commented, there was not enough choices of food. went to speciality café and I could not get "regular" coffee - it was all espresso type.

I'm sure there will be a lot of criticism about this review but it is just my opinion.

Will I sail celebrity again - possibly but not on the newer ships.

Publication Date: 12/12/13