Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by jbackus8746: Rocky start but improved

303 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Rocky start but improved

Sail Date: November 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My wife and I boarded the Gem to celebrate our 41anniversery,her retirement and my second year of remission from cancer.

It was a rocky day or two on the gem due to a virus on board from the last cruise. The wait staff was overworked and doing the best the could. They had to add staff from the ding room. As a result of no passenger self service at the buffet. The staff added to the buffet was drawn to the buffet to serve the food. That left the two main restaurants to be understaff, they really did the best they could.

My wife and I accepted this and had a great time. we did not leave the ship. We both joined the spa so we would not a

Have to deal with kids in the pool or hot tubes on the main deck. The spa is a quiet retreat from the main pool. Also has wonderful view of the forward section and the sea.

The menu was fine but it was similar each night at the Ocean Pacific. We ate at the steak place paying 30 dollars each, they have a new policy they More charge 10 more dollars if you wish a second entree. My steak was very good, but my wife order of lobster and shrimp was a major disappointment. The lobster tail was very small, the shrimp was hidden in pasta. There were only two!

Cabin steward was great! Less

Published 12/12/13

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review:

We had a handicapped with a balcony very nice. Room steward was greasy!

Skip X