Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by crankypants: Not quite what we had hoped

crankypants
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Spirit South Pacific Cruises

Not quite what we had hoped

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

Overall we enjoyed our cruise but this was due to the relaxation it provided and the lovely people that we met .

Good

Booked a guaranteed balcony cabin and ended up with an extended balcony room which was brilliant.Heaps of room inside and out and the shower was large and hot. Cabin Service was first class with the towel monkey my favourite

The service in the dining room was amazing superior to anything we have experienced before.Mariola was fantastic and the free entertainment was one of the most enjoyable parts of the cruise!

Comedy shows were hilarious just remember to get there early and dont sit in the front row

The snorkelling at Isle of Pines was worth the price of the cruise in iteslf. Truly remarkable(buy your snorkelling gear before you leave Oz you wont regret it)

THe lovely people we randomly met including the elderly Egyptian man on the cruise with all his family who reminded me how lucky we have it these days. More

Bad

Other than the steak which was consistently very good I didnt find much of the food in the dining room to be memorable which was dissapointing.My favourite food on the whole cruise was the cheeseburgers from the grill and they were my addiction over the 10 days.

Pools Kids overtook the small pools and spas which was dissapointing

Beer way over priced,service was slow and it was never cold enough for me.Oh well a cocktail a day keeps the doctor away

Noumea It was like a day in France without the Eifell Tower but mixed with concern that you could get mugged at any minute. I suggest you use this port as a pool/spa day!

Ugly The entertainment in the Pharoahs Lounge failed to hit its target most nights. The soul music night was a disaster with people walking out on mass. The New Orleans show was good but the rest were just capable of holding our interest. And do not waste your time on the Legends show on the last night(you have been warned!)

Bogans!!

Getting on and off the ship was relatively easy, take a shore excursian in Vila because the town is 3rd world, there are lots of local tours you can do once you get on Mystery island (snorkelling with Sharks/Turtles) which they dont tell you about but eat the local food at your own risk(some people regretted this decision on our cruise)

A cruise is as much fun as you make it but the FUNSHIP was lacky a little fun for us to go back again. Less

Read more Carnival Spirit cruise reviews >>