Star Princess Cruise Review by littlebelle7@msn.com

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Star Princess Cruise Review by littlebelle7@msn.com
Star Princess
Star Princess
Member Name: littlebelle7@msn.com
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
See More About: Star Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Star Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Star Princess Deck Plans
2 week cruise to Hawaii 11/5/2013 to 11/20/2013

Sailed from Los Angeles. Embarkation went fine, no complaints and went as one would expect.

Got on the ship Star Princess-this is a beautiful ship. Stateroom clean; ship is very clean. Personnel/staff from Captain to stateroom attendants/dining room staff; most staff very warm, welcoming, and helpful. Loved the Cruise Director, David (you can tell he has passion for his job and that was serving the passengers). Did not care as much for the shopping coordinator (Paul) not very helpful. Stateroom attendant was OK - there was difficulty when asking for things (I seldom did, but when I did, she was not very accomadating; felt as though we had to work around what she had to do instead of asking what we wanted. Room was clean, but linen was changed about every day; I do not need a new, clean towel every day and I told the attendant also, but she continued to provide new fresh linen (we are not that dirty and would like to see the cruise line save money on a "save the waves" program and be more efficient.

About the dining room in anytime dining; out of that 15 day cruise, we tried the dining room once; food was unsatisfactory (too cold or bland, salad dressing watered down); sent my food back. The waiter too pushy about selling me the wine tasting class (he saw I liked wine); I said I would think about it but he continued to badger me while I was eating my dinner. Then that was the last night we used the dining room; we ate in the buffet for the remainder dinners, lunches, and breakfasts; food here very flavorful, warm and cold foods were at their correct temperature. Buffet dining attendants helpful and they always cleared off the tables when you were done eating (other cruise lines the buffet dining areas had accumulated dirty dishes all over lots of tables). Visiting Kauai, Maui, and the big island was great; really like these destinations (swimming, water sports, scenery just awesome, and snorkeling, yes these islands are beautiful); Oahu stinks; Honolulu stinks; people are nasty, never smile or warm or helpful; vendors/stores, including Maui Divers extremely pushy and very rude. Did not like Ensenada, Mexico; this is an unnecessary stop. The ship in of itself is great; a lot of swimming pools; liked Movie Under Stars. Lots to do on ship. Liked the fact that this ship recognized peoples' faiths and made time/space for Catholic mass, Jewish Sabbath services, Bible studies, and a non-denomination service. Overall I would recommend this cruise to anyone (SHIP IS ALSO FAMILY FRIENDLY); also the entertainment is very good like the ship singers and dancers, Steven Scott (hilarious) , Power Party Band. I almost forgot about the International Café; coffee/food and staff above average; always polite service; sandwiches and snacks tasty, they even have breakfast sandwiches.

Publication Date: 12/11/13