Royal Princess Cruise Review by OK cruising: Changes mostly for the good!

OK cruising
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Royal Princess Transatlantic Cruises

Changes mostly for the good!

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Venice

We were VERY pleased with our Trans-Atlantic cruise aboard the new Royal. Our main complaint was that there were TOO MANY " Elite" level passengers on board...and we are at that level. They flooded the laundry to a ridiculous situation. Yes, Princess should have expected that and had a plan in effect.

The ship is beautiful and functional in most ways. Change is hard for many to face. The Horizon's spaciousness can cause one to "wonder " to find their way around. But, the fact that food handlers are available to keep food fresh and are in clean condition sure beats the crowded Horizons on other ships! I think it also keeps us from heaping our plates then deciding we can't eat all we took!

We missed the center stairway but loved the larger open atrium.

I would turn down the speakers in the atrium and the theater. I had to remove my hearing aides and still too loud.

In all, best food and service ever was had. Thanks, Princess! Less