Carnival Glory Cruise Review by nixa52: A learning experience

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A learning experience

Sail Date: November 2013

First of all, this is in no way a complaint just an observation that may be helpful to some and insulting to others. My wife and I are veteran cruisers with more than 40 ocean cruises. We have sailed on various cruise lines, and have found that many of them are similar and diverse also. I November this year we sailed on the Carnival Glory, for reasons, because it was a different ship and different cruise line. First of all I will say that the Glory did a good job in getting you on and off the ship. Moved a lot of people in a short time. And also to their credit, their food was not any worse than you expect on most cruise lines, I have found over the years that the food is very much over rated, either it is under-cooked or the deserts are so bland that you can't eat them, so all cruise lines are on equal footing when it comes to not so good food. I can say that 30 years ago the food and service was much better than today and also the selection was much better and vast.

However More to get back to the Glory, although my wife and I had a good time, I must say and she agreed with me that the Glory is somewhat primitive in is operation. Room service did leave a lot to be desired, I must say here that we are not hard to please and very seldom ask for anything. But if you do ask for something, expect to wait 24 hours for a response. We don't have to be waited on and usually use the buffets rather than the dinning rooms, the dinning rooms take forever to eat and the buffets you can choose what and how much or less you want. But it is not to much to ask for clean towels and more hangers for your clothing. One thing that was very noticeable on Glory is that you had to ask for everything, things that are always customary on other ships and cruise lines. I wont go into all the details, but if you want an ice bucket in your refrigerator, you have to ask, it is not automatic, and only one towel and wash cloth is supplied for two people. Public places are very small and very few, and a lot of wasted space on the ship with several dead ends. You really have to know the layout of the ship or you will get off the elevator and be in a dead area, have to take the elevator back up or use the stairs to get where you were going. But we go, just to see the different places and the country side, not the ship or the services is has or does not have. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>