MSC Preziosa Cruise Review by Dobbindale: Another good cruise with MSC.

Dobbindale
Member Since 2011

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on MSC Preziosa Transatlantic Cruises

Another good cruise with MSC.

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Genoa

This cruise began in Genoa, visiting Barcelona, Lisbon, Tenerife and Lanzarote before cruising the South Atlantic to Brazil visiting Salvador, Buzios and Santos where we were bussed to Sao Paulo for the long flight home with British Airways.

The weather was very kind to us and, especially during the 6 day cruise from Tenerife to Brazil, was hot and sunny.

The Preziosa is a new ship. MSC take great care of all their ships in my experience and I expect the Preziosa to look new for a very long time.

A large proportion of the ships staff were either Brazilian or Indonesian (eg Balinese) and at mealtimes their cheerful efficiency was always something to look forward to. Similarly the friendly welcome or farewell on entering or leaving the restaurant.

I cannot agree with a previous comment about the quantity of food in the two main restaurants. I frequently limited my choice to two items from the extensive menu in the hope of controlling any weight More increase. In my experience more is usually available if required - and if a dish is not as expected it will be quickly changed.

Apparently a journalist has voted MSC ice cream ''the best at sea'' - fair comment, and I would add to that their freshly baked bread.

I had a balcony cabin. The bed was very comfortable - also MSC have heeded criticism of flat pillows - mine were ' standard English' !

Unlike a recent cruise on another well known line, I never had to fetch my own drinks (and still pay the 15% service charge). There were always young waiters or waitresses ready to give their attention. There are numerous bars and the main piano bar was very popular for cocktails etc before dinner.

I have always enjoyed the entertainment provided by MSC on whichever ship I have been on - the shows are short but often quite spectacular. However on this cruise I felt irritated by long multi lingual announcements prior to the show (more than ten minutes on one occassion) containing unimportant information. An exception perhaps not to be repeated ?

We are fond of saying "you only get what you pay for". Although I have been on about six MSC cruises, this is the first I have written about. On this cruise and each of the others I feel I have had much more than I have paid for. Less

Read more MSC Preziosa cruise reviews >>