Grandeur of the Seas 5

“Enjoyable and great experience!”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas

gordito
Member Since 2011
300 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

My wife, son, daughter-in-law and I had cruised to Bermuda on the GOTS on May 3, 2013 and had a great time. (See published review). We liked the ship and were looking forward for another great vacation.

Baltimore port is the best port to embark and disembark, for sure! After a very easy check-in we were on board by 12:30 PM, and in our cabin by 1:00 PM. I have special needs and had requested some bath-room accessories, which were there but did not meet specifications. My wife and I talked with Customer Service and they spoke with Housekeeping and the item was fixed with imagination and skill. To those that helped us received our "WOW" card!

After that, the cruise continued with no disappointments; the food was great -- with a couple of instances where the food was not hot enough -- the service: very good, and those activities that we chose to participate in, interesting and entertaining.

We bought the "special restaurants deal" and had a great meal in each More one; food and service were great maybe with a slight problem at CHOPS where the baked potatoes were just not hot enough!

Now, about the shows, both in and out of the Palladium Theatre, we enjoyed them very much, specially TANGO BUENOS AIRES - it was the show's premier - was artistically excellent and brought many memories of our travels to Argentina, where we saw similar shows, but we like this one the best.

The people in our dining table as well as many others, including those we joined for trivia (we are now proud owners of RCI pens and key chains), great friends and hopefully with some of them long lasting friendships were born.

The ports visited included Cozumel, where we had hired a van with a lift for my power chair. Unfortunately the ship's schedule and that of the restaurant (El Moro) that we wanted to visit were not synchronized and had to forgo that planned meal, but we did have delicious enchiladas in one restaurant downtown. In Cayman we stayed on the ship, and in Jamaica and Haiti my wife disembarked with friends and enjoyed the beaches and shopping.

In one word, after the initial shock, we had a great cruise! Imagine; we are coming back to the Grandeur on March 8, 2014. Less

Grandeur of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

7106
Very nice and ample accessible cabin. The distribution of furniture and the bathroom facilities as well as the storage space make 7106 a very desirable cabin for those in motorized wheel chairs. The balcony is comfortable but not very accessible because the steep ramps that need to be used when entering or exiting the balcony ... it is doable, but not easy!

Published 12/11/13

Read Cruise Critic's Grandeur of the Seas Review

Grandeur of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?