Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Ladyinflight

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Ladyinflight
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: Ladyinflight
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

First Royal Caribbean Cruise

Always wanted to try RC and got to do it on a 5 nighter on ll/18. Embarkation went without a hitch using the handicap assistance we had requested.

Escorted to Windjammer for lunch for first introduction to the dining department. The food was equal to that we have had on other cruise lines, Carnival, NCL, and Costa. I requested a special dish for breakfast to one of the dining room manager and sure enough it was there the next morning. Dining room staff was friendly, helpful and plentiful daily until our last evening. That last evening the bountiful staffing was missing in action. I figured maybe the staff was tired or getting ready for the New Money that would be arriving the next day.

We had signed and paid gratuities in advance for the privilege of Anytime Dining. My interpretation of Any Time Dining was being able to dine at whatever time I requested, with my partner, at our own table. We tried once and found anytime dining is whatever time THEY wanted to seat you and your party together, at your own table. If you want to dine at say six pm, you have to be seated at the big "extra" table with strangers. It was explained to me this way "you wanted to dine at 6 didn't you, we seated you at six didn't we. What a farce.

The ice show was excellent. I enjoyed it so much, I saw it twice. Saturday Night Fever or whatever, I was not expressed with. On Air, hated it. The vaudevillian juggler guy had his prime in Vegas years ago, but he is a good filler for a cruise ship act. The Temptation tribute groups was very good. I enjoyed them. There might have been another act on the cruise, but I can't remember it, so it must not have been too impressive.

Being at 70 years, we didn't try any of the active activities. They did have a lot of things for passengers to participate and enjoy. I kinda miss the typical newlywed game, guest talent show and that sort of thing not held on this cruise. I wonder why Liberty got away from that. The ship's music selections was very interesting. I was listening. I think it's geared towards the ethnic majority of the passengers.. Rich, the cruise director was very active, energetic and good at his job

Our cabin superior 9318 was plenty large enough. The balcony was large enough for a lounger. They should put one out there. It was a connecting cabin, but we had no problem with that. Our cabin person was sufficient, but she really didn't put herself out. She looked like she had a whole lot to do.

We didn't do any excursions, so can't comment on those.

Took advantage of a spa massage special that was very relaxing.

Disembarkation was slow and confusing as always. I have always found this to be the most disorganize part of a cruise and never look forward to it.

The cruise was alright.. Nothing too drastic happened to cause us not to cruise with Royal Caribbean again. I just won't prepay for Any Time Dining again.

Publication Date: 12/11/13