Golden Princess Cruise Review by SummerTraveler: Needed an Electrical Plug Adapter

SummerTraveler

Needed an Electrical Plug Adapter

Sail Date: November 2013
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: Los Angeles

We took a quick 3 day cruise to Ensenada on the Golden Princess right before Thanksgiving 2013.

Motel Night Before Cruise: We stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Harbor City, CA. Small motel, good prices, clean rooms with refrigerator and microwave. Cons - Located on a busy street and lots of traffic noise.

Embarkation: Drove and parked at the Port of Los Angeles. Plenty of parking spaces for $12 per day. We got there about 10:30 and parked near the gate to walk across to the terminal. Walked right into terminal for check-in. Waited in the waiting area until boarding time. We were group #2 and the line moved quickly.

Cabin: This was our first time in an interior cabin - A716. It had enough space for 2 people and a large closet. I tried to plug in my CPAP and discovered the electrical outlet was the round type (non US). I didn't bring an extension cord to plug into the US outlets across the cabin. On other Princess ships I didn't have this problem.

Bed and More pillows were comfortable. Shower had the soap and shampoo dispensers. Light filtered through the gaps in the cabin door. We had to push/pull the door shut to ensure that it locked properly.

Dining: We had ANYTIME dining and waited 40 minutes for the first night. DH decided to make reservations for the other nights to avoid the long wait. No problems getting a table for breakfast in the dining room. We were one of the first into Crown Grill for the "PUB" lunch on sea day. Fish and Chips were moist and tender. $5 for a glass of STOUT. DH went up to the Horizon Court afterwards to get more fish.

Excursion: Took the slightly overpriced winery tour ($45 pp). First winery, L.A. Cetto, had better tasting wines than the second winery we visited. L.A. Cetto offered 1 champagne, 2 whites, and 3 red wines for tasting. The second winery offered bread, cheese, and pizza along with the 3 different wines for tasting. The tour guide was very informative and funny on our bus ride to the wineries. The bus let people off in downtown Ensenada then proceeded back to the ship. Tour was 9:30-1:30.

Disembarkation: We were "Walkoff Group 8" and scheduled to leave the ship at 8:00 am. Disembarkation was fast and they were calling our group to leave by 7:45 am. Getting off the ship was fast. Going through Customs and Immigration took longer. Tip: Have your documents ready for Custom and Immigration!!!!!!!!! I clipped everything together with the passport opened to my picture. We were out of the parking lot by 8:30 am and on the road to Northern California.

This was a good cruise. I will bring an electrical adapter and extension cord with me on my next cruise in January. You never know when you will need it! Less

Read more Golden Princess cruise reviews >>