Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by TYPE34: 14 days Relaxing

14 days Relaxing

Sail Date: October 2013
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Singapore

Being newly retired was not my choice so I needed time to come to term with my new status. This Repositioning Cruise was just what I needed. Time on my own to think and relax. This was my second Cruise on Voyager of the Seas and my 3rd Cruise on RC. My 3rd Cruise commencing in Singapore. The Terminal is very well appointed with typical Singaporean efficiency.

Arrived at the Terminal at 11.45am and onboard by 12.30pm. The cabins were not ready as all the mattresses were being changed. So it was off to the Windjammer with two lovely ladies for lunch that I had met during the check in process.

My Cabin was on Deck 9 facing forward, it was spacious, very comfortable and just under the Bridge. My cabin attendant.was great and nothing was too much trouble for him.

Most nights I eat in the dinning room on Deck 5 table 564. Our waiter and his assistant were fantastic. I have found there is never a problem with requesting seconds or returning a dish if it not right. More i.e a steak over/under cooked. The food on RC is always of a very high standard and something to look forward to.

On this trip I eat at the Portofino Restaurant twice both meals were great and well worth the $20 surcharge. My steak was about 2 inches thick and cooked just the way I like it. Portofino is a much more intimate environment and decorated in an Art Deco style.

The other place that I really enjoyed was Johnny Rockets which is a 50's American Dinner. The staff dance up and down the aisle to well known songs of the period. The hamburgers and shakes are great.

It is a fun place to eat.

The ICE Show was fantastic. I have now seen 3 Ice Shows on RC Ships all have been different and NOT TO BE MISSED. The best show on the Cruise. The entertainment is good and there was a lots of variety.

Late night was a little slow and we needed someone like Matt Yee the Chinese/American comedian who is a regular on RC.

I ask the Cruise Director Luke Aerowsmith for some assistance as I was not able to tie my Bow Tie. He found a passenger to assist me and a few days later followed up with me. I can now tie it myself.

It is little thing like this that make the difference.

Every morning attended the Stretching Classes in the Gym and the Dutch Instructor was excellent and most helpful.

It turned out that I knew 4 people on the ship which was just amazing. This was my first time cruising on my own but I never felt lonely once. In a Hotel no one speaks to you. On a Cruise everyone speaks to you.

Just like one big happy family.

On this ship I purchased "a whole of ship tour", not cheap but a real highlight of my Cruise. We toured the galleys, crew quarters, the printing room, the environmental and garbage area, the engine control room, the Bridge and met the Captain, and back stage. Every person who spoke to us during the tour was extremely professional. All of us on the tour were most impressed. Highly recommended but you need to book this tour on the first day.

Darwin Port Authority need to put more effort into positioning of the gangways onto Cruise Ships there were only 2 men doing it, so it was extremely slow. Their small arrival terminal had lot of shops selling Australian Souvenirs etc. Left Klang for dead.

Our arrival into Sydney was excellent though it would have been nice to come through the Heads in daylight.

Planning the next cruise now. Less

Read more Voyager of the Seas cruise reviews >>