Royal Princess Cruise Review by Camaroz

Royal Princess
Royal Princess
Member Name: Camaroz
Cruise Date: November 2013
See More About: Royal Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

ROYAL PRINCESS, NOT SO ROYAL

This was my 46 Cruise and 12 on Princess, we were so excited about going on this new ship but was disappointed with lot of things about the Royal Princess. Boarding could have gone better lots of confusion at the dock, but finally got on and immediately noticed that the hallways were very narrow and then reached our room on the 10th deck forward and noticed again how small the rooms were and then the Balcony could they have made it any smaller, it was not comfortable for 2 people to be out there. The bathroom , was Ok but the toilet paper holder is in a bad spot bad design for sure. No stairs in the center but the elevators were a joke

wait, wait and wait I met one person who was in a wheelchair who waited over an hour to get on one.

Our dining room was the Alegro which was fine except the vibration from the engine room below made it annoying why you would put a dinning room close to a engine room is beyond me.

Anyway the food was exceptional except the Ist night, the Prime Rib was horrible actually everyone around us

did not eat it including me. But after that the food was great enjoyed all the fish dishes the most. The service was not up to standard , it seemed the waiters had to many tables and it affected the service. Our waiter and bus boy did a great job but the Maitre -D for our section never spoke to us the entire cruise.

So if you go on the Royal eat at the dining room in the center of the ship not the Alegro dining room.

Our cabin attendant did a great job in keeping our room clean so hats off to him.

The pool area is so small for so many people you could never get a lounge chair, why is the pool area so small for 3,800 people, I don't know. Enjoyed the pizza on deck and the Ice cream bar on deck.

The Horizon Buffet is kind of set up so it takes awhile to get use to it but they did have a nice selection

every day, no complaints.

The Princess theatre is kind of small so it requires 3 shows a night to fit everyone in, but we had no issues with that. The center atrium is beautiful and there were always a lot going on there.

We spent a lot of time in the Casino but the seating is not good, people were always bumping in to you and in one case spilled drink on me but I can say that the gambling on the Royal was the best and they paid fairly well.The weather was crappy and it rained a lot and it was windy but that is not Princess fault, so we just made the best of it at the stops.

Getting off the ship was a breeze well organized and we were off in a jiffy and claimed our luggage

and was on our way.

So let me sum it up. Would I go on the Royal again maybe but I think Royal Caribbean has them beat

in a lot of areas, room size, balcony, food quality, but I still like Princess and Celebrity and may go back to them next year or try another Princess ship other then the Royal but being brand new is a plus.

If you would like further info email me at rsaia@sbcglobal.net

Publication Date: 12/10/13