Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by oshunchild

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by oshunchild
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: oshunchild
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
        16+ 1.0

RCCL

My family had looked forward to this vacation and cruise with RCCL for several months. The cruise started off horribly when I went to purchase a soda package for my teen. The poolside beverage worker on the right side entrance of the Wind Jammer Café was repeatedly disrespectful and rude towards me, when I requested to purchase a souvenir cup several times. I was also overcharged for a Coco Loco drink on the Coco Cay beach. It clearly had a different price on my receipt and the attendant tried to double dip on a tip and did not tell me that it was already included and I would have paid $12.78 instead of $8.50 actual cost. my receipt said $8.25,and I found this out when I checked my room charges on Sunday night. When I got home there was another extra charge of $6.16 on my card that was not on my final bill before we left the ship. I called RCCL and they told me that we used the mini bar and we had not! The RCCL agent was very nice and explained that it will be adjusted.

The food in the dining room was extremely salty, tasteless, cold, processed and tasted like Piccadilly cafeteria food. The bread every night did not seem fresh and was very hard. It took almost two hours every night to eat and we missed shows when we scheduled our dining time at 5:45. The head waiter at table 488 who never gave us his name spoke down to me as if I had no idea of what the entrée descriptions meant, although I am a classically trained chef and a physician who has traveled to 16 countries and he should not assume that the guest are not knowledgeable. He also asked us repeatedly to give "excellent" ratings on the guest questionnaire, even though the assistant waiter was rude the first night and both seemed to try to accommodate us and improve on the last night. The food was less than palatable for human consumption every night in the My Fair lady dining room and I had to send my appetizer and entrée back the 1st and 2nd nights. They recycled a chicken and mushroom dish in the Windjammer café for two days and it was renamed every time. We ordered room service and it took two hours to get to our room and the pizza and turkey and Swiss cheese Panini was ice cold and hard. We were given the excuse by room service that my stateroom was too far on the other side of the ship. At 1:30 on the first day we went to view our room and we where happy to see our luggage there so quick, but upon inspection I had dried blood stains on my pillow case from a previous patron, which is clearly a health hazard. My stateroom attendant had just come aboard the Enchantment Of The Seas. So, apparently the previous attendant did not clean the room properly. But, we were happy he cleaned our room nicely everyday.

My 16 year old had nothing to do from day one of the cruise. The teen room was not continuously manned or attended to. When they were there, the agent felt the need to tell my child and other teens that cameras will be watching then, so that they would not steal or break anything because the last cruise the teens were "rowdy"! So, as a result of them being extremely rude, detached and with very little activities offered, she stayed away from the teen section for the duration of the cruise.

We had a great time on Coco Cay but, when we were going to return on the ferry tender my child slipped on the steps down going to the bottom level of the ferry onto her lower back. The Coco Cay staff were attentive and wanted us to go to the medic on the ship. However, the safety officer who never came to our stateroom to speak to us was extremely rude and accusatory on the phone and never asked if my child was Okay. He immediately blew us off and hung up the phone. He basically said that it was her fault that she slipped on water on the stairs. I never received a follow up call and it is clear that RCCL does not care about it's guests through the constant display of rude, unhelpful and less than "WOW" service.

The question one must ask as a Crown an Anchor member is has RCCL gotten too big and lost touch with quality guest service standards? We looked forward to the dream of one day reaching pinnacle status and sailing several times a year. After all of the poor service on this ship we made a choice to NOT book a cruise onboard for spring break and the Summer 2014. We will look at one of their competitors to compare services and start on their loyalty program. On a My 1st cruise with RCCL on the Monarch of the seas the entire service aboard was brilliant ! As a crown and anchor member I must rethink whether I want to sail with their cruise line again.

Pros:

Coco cay food was fantastic!

Onboard shop had great sales.

The magic show was awesome.

Windjammer breakfast was very tasty.

Stateroom attendant was very nice.

Beverage waiter named Bogdan S. rocked.

Great new movies on the TV and pool screen.

Live music in the centrum was entertaining.

Publication Date: 12/10/13