MSC Divina Cruise Review by mayda@zbinteriors.net: A cruise to remember....

mayda@zbinteriors.net
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on MSC Divina Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A cruise to remember....

Sail Date: November 2013

As I prepared myself to embark in the new Divina, I thought I was going to relax (much needed), read a lot and have delicious meals. This is what I usually do in all the cruises. Well, I was in for a big surprise.

Starting..embarkation - Was smooth, no problem, we got to the port at 2:00PM, the ship sailed at 7:00 PM, every one was very friendly and our suitcases got to our room in less than 1 hour. I went to spent some time with my parents, which are in their 80's. so we selected the early seating for diner. To our surprise, we got a seating at 8:00PM, second seating; to aggravate the situation we were seating next to a table of 10 kids, all shouting and running all over the place.. After much complain, we got moved to the 6:00 seating, with no kids around.

The Food...Not what you expect on a cruise, especially a cruise that comes from Europe, which we all know the eating experience in at the top of their list. At breakfast and lunch you sit at any table; the More waiters and the helpers were confused, tired or both. We got the wrong plate twice and on the second day the breakfast was so bad, I left and went to the buffet,which was much better. From that day on, we decided to go to the buffet for breakfast. The food at the buffet was fresh and diverse. The con: too many people. Dinner was a bit better, we always had the same table and same waiter, and they were great. The food..not so good, the same thing over and over, just at a different place in the menu. The chicken was hard as a rock, same with the mash potatoes. The fish was dry and even though the coffee was free, the cappuccino was not.

The entertainment...the best of all the cruises I have ever been. There were two shows a night; each night was different and fantastic, with truly professional dancers and singers. The stage, lighting etc. were amazing. I can't say anything about the casino since I don't gamble, but as a dancer, I went straight to the Black and White night club after every show...WOW! They had a band from Italy that played great music and also a Trio from Dominican Republic that was fabuloso! The music was the best ever. But also the way they did everything.

This cruise has an Entertaining Team that was in charge of making sure that everyone had a great time..and everyone did. Every night there was a different theme - Italian night, 60"s, 70"s and 80's night, White Caribbean Party night around the pool (the best), dance competitions etc. The entertaining team was the best. Because of them, a group of young adults, everyone had a blast.

Needless to say.. I didn't relax that much, only read my kindle the first day at sea and I didn't eat a lot..instead I danced a lot, and had the time of my life.

If you are only interested in the food and the service, maybe this is not the cruise for you, but, if you are interested in having fun, this is the cruise for you.

I hope I was able to help. Hopefully, Divina will change the menu and be one cruise that have it all. Less

Read more MSC Divina cruise reviews >>