“Oasis of the Seas -Good Time for Family of Four.”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas

kwkm Oasis of the Seas 5 Oasis of the Seas -Good Time for Family of Four.
kwkm
Member Since 2012
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

This was our second cruise, as a family of four, on Royal Caribbean. This is included me, 43, my husband, 52, and both of our boys, ages 12 & 15. I will try to make this review simple:

Embarkation:

We are all gold members and were on the ship within 30 minutes of arrival. No problems, great staff, and very efficient.

Rooms:

Adults had cabin 9146 and boys were across the way in 9147. Basic balcony cabin and inside cabin for boys.

Steward:

Omar Jaffey is the best. We tipped him a bit as soon as we arrived (especially because he had to deal with our boys cabin). We had automated tips set up for both rooms, but were happy to give Omar an extra tip here and there. He was friendly, kind, informative, and we loved our towel animals!

Service:

Everyone on the ship was nice and pleasant and friendly. What you expect from RCI! I know they all work hard, and I appreciate that, and tipped here and there accordingly!

Activities:

Though we signed up for all the shows on the ship, we wound up going only to two (Hairspray and the Ice Skating show). The diving show was cancelled due to rain, and we could not fit it any again. There are lots of things to do on the ship, it can be overwhelming, and I found myself in my cabin a lot resting before the next event/activity!

Port:

Okay... Labadee is a relaxing beach day, Falmouth we stayed behind the gates and did shopping, and Cozumel was the best shopping (my husband thought it was too much) Great weather on all three days, and the locals were are friendly and king. We also bargained a lot .. which usually worked out okay.

Kids Program:

My 12 year old spent most of his time playing basketball. He said that he was not sure what there really was to do , as he was on the low age end of the teen program. My 15 year old had a blast in the teen program hanging out, meeting other teens, and going to the teen disco night.

Dining:

MDR was okay. I was not super impressed by the food, and on the last night, I could not even eat there any more.We did have a great lunch at Izumi, had another great lunch at Johnny Rockets, and dinner at the Seafood Shack (don't miss this one!). We ate quite a bit at Park Cafe (a hidden treasure!!!!). Only ate at the Windjammer 2-3 times I think for breakfast--lots of food options on the ship-try them!

Overall:

Good time. The ship is huge, and I felt like I was on a moving shopping mall the whole time. I did not see the ocean a lot, or use the pool at all. So much to do, and so little time...

Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

9147
This is a forward cabin in the ship. It seemed a little on the small side to me, and I think this is because the closet faces the couch, and this makes it a little awkward to get in and out of. Our sons were across the way in 9147, and the room was not set up like the pictures had shown... two twin beds facing the door. Instead their room had two twin beds almost next to each other by the closet. They seemed okay with that.
Published 12/09/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Oasis of the Seas Review
Oasis of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?