Carnival Magic Cruise Review by JoeTx: Have Cruiseships gotten too big?
Member Since 2006
Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises
Have Cruiseships gotten too big?
It's been 4 years since my last cruise and I was looking forward to cruising with Carnival again, but on one of their newest ships, the Carnival Magic.
- Red Frog Pub was my favorite part of the ship, it was never crowded and the wait staff actually looked happy to be there and were very friendly, fun and provided great service.
- Loved the Cove Balcony. Many do not like it, but if you encounter weather on your cruise, you are protected from the elements, since the lifeboats are directly above you. Only negative, is they are on deck 2, so you are far away from the main decks.
- Main dining room service was horrible. On most nights, you did not see the waiters unless they were delivering foot to the table, lucky to get one drink/water refill. Carnival must be giving them more tables than they can handle. Only on last night, when half the tables were empty did service improve. Did the other tables give up and just not More return because of the service?
- Food either had no flavor or WAY over-spiced. Only decent meals all week were on shore, my stomach still hurts (a week later)
- Ports at Roatan and Cozumel are fake tourist traps. You are actually filtered through a duty free shop to get on shore. I felt like we just landed at Disneyland. Not very exotic when you are being hawked duty free perfume, booze and cigarettes on the way to your shore excursions.
- Serenity was at the top of the ship, all the way forward. Always too windy to enjoy. I like how they did it on the Sunshine, it is protected and has a nice waterfall into the mini pool.
- Beds were very hard
Cruise ships have gotten so big, they cannot product food of any quality and can only be handled by fake tourist trap ports build by the cruise line... Less
Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>
Port and Shore Excursions
Booked through Carnival, but subcontracted to H20 Tierra. Great company and crew. Would recommend them when looking for tours in Belize.
Cheap tourist trap port now. You are not even close to city of Cozumel. You are filtered through a duty free shop just to enter the port. All the shops are the same. Only bright spot is Pancho's Backyard.
A nice cruise except for the n...
OH RCI - How the mighty have f...
Really Was A Dream
Wonderful Cruise to perfect de...
We Loved Our Cruise!
The Fantastic, The Great and t...