Silver Whisper Cruise Review by Trudytravel

Silver Whisper
Member Name: Trudytravel
Cruise Date: November 2013
Embarkation: Barbados
See More About: Silver Whisper Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Silversea Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Silver Whisper Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Silver Whisper Deck Plans
Fab-u-lous!

It would much quicker to mention the few things that weren't perfect, but this cruise deserves a full report. From start to finish we were impressed with efficiency of the staff. Their level if service is so high, and yet is accompanied by what feels like genuine warmth.

Getting on board was as smooth as it could be. I don't think I will ever forget jigging down the corridor to have a sneaky peek at our room before many people boarded! I was so excited.

The room was spotless, thanks to Wendy, and well designed. I loved the twin sinks and the walk in wardrobe.

Each visit to the main restaurant was a delight. Each and every meal was like eating in a Michelin-starred restaurant. We liked that Roger described the wine of the day, with a little info on where it came from. Not once did I need to ask for my water or wine glass to be replenished. My husband drinks Diet Coke. He likes it without ice or lemon. Those waiters remembered this from our first day aboard. I don't know how the do it, but they are professional, friendly and efficient.

Every night we visited the little intimate Groucho bar for pre dinner drinks. Albert greeted us by name, prepared our favoured tipple and acted as the perfect barman and host, a truly charming person.

We met some wonderful people, one couple I hope we will remain friends with. There were just a few not so wonderful travellers, those who treated the staff as if they were their own personal servants...it made us cringe. Poor Alan the waiter, but he dealt with it with complete dignity. Impressive. One or two people seemed to be paying staff to hold sun beds for them, this is quite wrong when some people were unable to find places to be out of the sun. Guests, you should be ashamed of yourselves!

One of the excursions in St Lucia deserves a mention. We were taken in a mini bus to a hotel, a long and bumpy journey. We were given an ok lunch then an 'opportunity' to see the rooms in this luxury hotel. We were then left to sit outside for about an hour until it was time to leave. It was very hot, we weren't offered a drink, or use of the pool. The swim off the catamaran was ridiculously short. We paid a lot of money for what was essentially a sales opportunity for the hotel. We felt conned. Big time.

Other than these annoying issues, we would thoroughly recommend Silversea. A wonderful trip that we will never forget. In case you're reading this, a huge thank you to the wonderful people that made this very special holiday very very special.

Publication Date: 12/09/13