Carnival Glory Cruise Review by canadiansnowflake

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Glory Cruise Review by canadiansnowflake
Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: canadiansnowflake
Cruise Date: November 2013
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

First time cruiser now in love with cruising

This was my first time on the cruise and first time on Carnival. I am a college student from outside of the United states and travelled over thanksgiving weekend. Two of my companions had travelled on cruise ships before and on their parents dime therefore on higher-end lines. One spent the entire trip complaining that it wasn't gold star service but I thought it was full and through. Even though the people serving you aren't wearing tuxedoes they are wonderful people and made my cruise so fantastic I want to go again right away.

We unfortunately ran into a giant Nor'Wester storm that spanned from Miami to the south end of the Caribbean sea and followed that throughout our trip. Despite warnings that it was impossible for our ship to sway, it did. No one got very sick and it actually made the trip that much more fun except that we could not manage to drop anchor in Belize due to winds higher than 55mp/h....I was dissapointed but understood why. The Cruise staff created a full days of activities at the last minute for us when it was announced we had to move on from the Belize port.

The food was sensational! And not just from a college student's perspective, the dishes were different each night and the food was endless. I could not believe how much fruit, desserts and fine cuts of meat were served.

I think the most memorable part of the entire cruise besides the relaxation factor was our dinner staff. Vigor, Edgardo and Manik were THE BEST STAFF EVER. So personal and kind and absoulutely went out of their way to care for us. They will be the reason I would chose Carnival again. Despite bad reviews while I was booking, I paid 650$ for a cabin with a balcony on the 3rd highest floor on the ship and am now wishing I was still sailing!

Publication Date: 12/08/13